yamaha cyclelok alarm on FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spanker

Reaction score
any ideas on troubleshooting this ? it's stopped responding to the remote unit. I can disarm with the key and ride it ok it's just the alarm remote disarm that's gone poop.

both the remote units batteries are OK and they show a voltage drop when I press the button so unless both have failed in the same way they seem functional.

I would suspect that the receiver in the main alarm has gone tits up in some way. Appreciate advice on this !

I would try new batteries.
Yes, thanks for the obvious :)

Nope, I tried those even though I didn't see that as a possbile issue given that :

1. it suddenly stopped responding

2. to both remotes

3. both batteries show a healthy 6.1v

4. at the same time as 1. it now allows me to disarm the alarm by ignition key turn, which it didn't before. which leads me away from thinking there is a loose/broken wire/antenna etc

5. hmmm, £300 alarm knackered after 2 years

If it is the alarm that's knacked i'm wondering aloud how difficult it is to replace ? Is it integrated with the ignition barrel / key combo or is the whole thing just plug in additional unit wholly seperate from the immobiliser system ?

Any ideas much appreciated

There is a connector under the seat for the alarm and I think that's the only connection to that unit. However we don't get them here in the US because everyone else in the world hates americans. So I'm only going by what I've seen in the service manual.

No warranty on that alarm?