Yamaha foot guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I bought these when I was up in Halifax a couple of weeks ago and just installed them this afternoon. The color match is excellent and the mounting is very straight forward. They had called for completed removal of the side panels but I found I was able to install them by removing a number of the fasteners and pulling the body panel out from the bottom. Very pricey ($321.00), you would think that Corbin made them, but they look good. I rode for about 130 miles with them at about 83 degrees F and they definitely increase the heat on my boots and lower legs ALOT more.

DSCF1266-2.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

Whats the purpose? looked good by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help keep rain, road spooge, and frosty winds off my feet.....maybe even those jack rabbit critters (see white pine fever thread).

What I would like is the exact opposite, something to DECREASE the hot air on my feet in summer. On the Concours, the foot guards were reversible, so in the summer they scooped up cool air and directed it onto your feet and ankles, and in the winter you turned them around the other way. It worked real well. Would be nice if there was some way to do something similar with the FJR.

What I would like is the exact opposite, something to DECREASE the hot air on my feet in summer. On the Concours, the foot guards were reversible, so in the summer they scooped up cool air and directed it onto your feet and ankles, and in the winter you turned them around the other way. It worked real well. Would be nice if there was some way to do something similar with the FJR.

Is that 06 giving you hot feet??? :p

I've got a slightly used 05 I'll trade you if you throw in an extra thousand dollars