Yamaha FZ-10 Announced in Canada, looks so kool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am afraid if the FZ-10 comes to America I will have to let the old Ducati 999 Superbike go and replace it with one of these. I have been holding myself back from picking up a holdover FZ1 in hopes that this bike comes here.

460 lbs. and only 160HP.

What if you're in a hurry?

grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The writing was on the wall with the introduction of the MT-10 and the lack of a 2016 FZ1. Thanks for the posting, bigjohnsd. I was wondering when this was going to happen. (Edit: Still not in the US, but that seems inevitable in the near future, at this point.)

Do you suppose that they left the gap of a liter "fz" offering in the US market to differentiate this bike from the FZ1 and avoid having it become the "genIII" of that model?

I think the bike looks awesome. It could maybe use some more wind protection. On the other hand, the FJ-09 has such a dog of a windscreen; maybe this way is better. Looking forward to a test ride in any event.

I'm just a little miffed that Yamaha waited to both unveil the MT-10 and wait to bring it to North America until AFTER I bought the FJ-09!
uhuh.gif

Strategic, no doubt.

I passed on a new FZ1 as the FJ had both TCS and ABS. I loved the torque, but felt I was sacrificing a little by not having the liter. NOW look what they've gone and done!

Stupid Yamaha trying to take all my money.

It certainly does look bad a$$. Reminds me of a cross between a super sport bike and a V-Max of the future!

Would be fun for mountain runs but getting there without a windscreen from where I live would suck. Oh yeah, anywhere around here kinda sucks.

Hope it comes here for all you lucky curvy road dwellers!!

So, the FZ1 is taking the year off to have a Decepticon makeover? Don't get me wrong, I rather like the look of it, but was kinda hoping the FZ1 would hang around long enough for me to grab a new one eventually. Oh well, I'll just have to keep that spot in my garage clean for whatever I pick up. Who knows? Might be one of these.

I bought the first FZ-1 we received in our store. That was one hell of a bike, damn near killed myself several times, talked my way out of multiple performance awards, all well deserved. Finally saw the light and sold it, bought a Ural :) . What a change..... :(

SWMBO really liked the Ural though so life was good :) :)

That is going to be a killer platform..... I'm potentially interested, but def needs work in the graphics dept...

I'll bet they will make some changes in the next few years, but hopefully the aftermarket will step in and fix it up nicely.

Perhaps something like this.....

MT10_zpsmh0qlko0.jpg

MT10-2_zpsyv57i8sp.jpg

SAUCE ---- https://racingcafe.blogspot.com/2015/11/design-corner-yamaha-mt-10-by-ad-koncept.html
But what happened to Bumblebee's face??
If Yamaha brought that yellow one to the USA I don't think I could resist. That is the replacement for my Ducati that I am dreaming of.