Yamaha Gel seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingz06

Reaction score
anyone have one? Give me pros/cons. I only want feedback on the yami gel seat

thanks!

I had one but sold it after one 75 mile ride. Harder than the stocker, very slippery (more than the stocker) which makes you silde forward and backwards, it also hurt my inner thighs after the ride.

Also had one and got rid of it after one ride. Some evidently love it. I hated it.

I have the Yamaha comfort gel seat on my 07. For me the OEM seat was to soft and I didn't like the grippy materail. I have short legs and need to slide my ass off to one side or the other when I come to a stop to get a foot down. So I like the Vinyl cover on the gel seat. I have also owned several corbin seats for other bikes which are very firm foam. I would say the comfort gel seat is in between the stock seat and a corbin. It is firm but with a gel insert not as firm as a corbin. It is an inexpensive alternative to some of the high dollar custom seats. I like mine and my wife also likes it better than the stock seat. But different seats work for different asses so sometimes you have to try a few different one before you find the correct one. That's why I started with the cheapest one (Yamaha gel seat) and it has worked out great for me.

Eric

I have the Yamaha comfort gel seat on my 07. For me the OEM seat was to soft and I didn't like the grippy materail. I have short legs and need to slide my ass off to one side or the other when I come to a stop to get a foot down. So I like the Vinyl cover on the gel seat. I have also owned several corbin seats for other bikes which are very firm foam. I would say the comfort gel seat is in between the stock seat and a corbin. It is firm but with a gel insert not as firm as a corbin. It is an inexpensive alternative to some of the high dollar custom seats. I like mine and my wife also likes it better than the stock seat. But different seats work for different asses so sometimes you have to try a few different one before you find the correct one. That's why I started with the cheapest one (Yamaha gel seat) and it has worked out great for me.
Eric

Had the Spencer seat mod done to my 08 and wasn't happy, haven't been able to justify the expense of a Russell so I ordered a Yammy Comfort, so far so good, my wife likes it better than the Spencer seat mod. Planning a trip to Minn. in Sept. will have a better idea after that. Lots of folks state that it absorbs lots of heat when left in the sun, maybe I can find some shade a walk a few extra steps, or just leave my jacket over it, doesn't pose tooo much of a problem!