Yamaha Official Clutch Proclamation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TARKIO

Reaction score
xxxxx OF YAMAHA Headquarters (Cypress, California) who can be reached at (800) xxx-xxxx, ext#xxxx will be quick to deny the existence of any CLUTCH problems since "no FJR owners has contacted Yamaha to report any issues involving a Sticky Clutch."

The OFFICIAL YAMAHA position is anyone having a clutch issue on the FJR is due to either the use of an aftermarket clutch lever or failure to properly install the clutch plates (doesn't matter if you bought the FJR new from a dealer).

Xxxxx further claims that the FJR clutch plates are used on a number of other Yamaha models without issue since Yamaha has no record of any callers. I asked Xxxxx if anyone at Yamaha reads the FJR forum and her response was no. Yamaha's OFFICIAL position is to ignore the Forums and acknowledge complaints only when people call in with their issues.SOOOOOOOOOooooo HOW ABOUT IF WE CALL XXXXX?! By the way the Yamaha dealer (where I purchased the bike new)who installed new replacement clutch plates after an overnight soak less than 5000 miles ago tore open the clutch today and said it was "bone dry- no lubrication" and also said it is a known issue among Yamaha mechanics. The FJR was not my first Yamaha but it surely will be my last. I think it's time to EDUCATE YAMAHA by calling XXXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
With your obvious attitude...I'd blow you off too!

Think less vinegar and more honey Tarkio...and less CAPITAL SHOUTING LETTERS. ;)

Maybe, just maybe...you lighten up a bit and ASK this forum what they might be able to do to help and not try and engage in some vendetta action to get people to go after Yamaha.

Seriously, lighten up Francis. :)

With your obvious attitude...I'd blow you off too!

Think less vinegar and more honey Tarkio...and less CAPITAL SHOUTING LETTERS. ;)

Maybe, just maybe...you lighten up a bit and ASK this forum what they might be able to do to help and not try and engage in some vendetta action to get people to go after Yamaha.

Seriously, lighten up Francis. :)
Thank you for your reply, but you should not assume my attempt to get Yamaha's head out their ass was not preceded by a polite conversation with Xxxxx of "Customer Service". My point is we can continue to posts hundreds of complaints regarding the Clutch and Yamaha will do squat about it since no one is complaining to Yamaha. So go ahead and also pretend all is well.

... my attempt to get Yamaha's head out their ass.... So go ahead and also pretend all is well.
Sigh....

I just don't have any patience for 23 post ass-clowns tonight. I've been around this forum long enough to know that napalm throwing sucks as a method to get things resolved. We've worked too long an too hard to have credibility of this forum jeopardized by one malcontent with an axe to grind. Thread closed. <_<

P.S. Maybe "sticky clutch" is a real issue In fact, I've started a forum official thread here on it and if a more moderate forum member wants to approach the issue in the way folks like Barabus did for the Ignition Switch Issue or Warchild did for valve tick and engage in a forum campaign to get to the bottom of it....ping me offline. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.