Yamaha top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
I have a factory top case, but when my wife is on the pillion, it seems to push her forward. Has anyone made a plate that you can bolt the rack too and slide the case back a couple inches??? I have thought of making one myself, just wondering if anyone has tried and been successful.

Toecutter had a plate that would let the top case slide back 1 1/2" or so. I'd expect a response from him. I don't remember if he had them made or what.

I have a factory top case, but when my wife is on the pillion, it seems to push her forward. Has anyone made a plate that you can bolt the rack too and slide the case back a couple inches??? I have thought of making one myself, just wondering if anyone has tried and been successful.

I am interested in developing some kind of backrest that mounts to the Yamaha factory trunk base plate (instead of the trunk). I would do it to provide a nicer (wider, softer, less vibration) version of backrest for my pillion than the stock trunk does. Any thoughts, ideas? Would this be something that you would consider as well? I would like to bounce some ideas off guys like you and see what I come up with.

V65mike

Mattster, I have thought about making the same thing that your talking about. I took the backrest pad off and covered the holes to make a little more room for the pillion.

JW

Mattster, I have thought about making the same thing that your talking about. I took the backrest pad off and covered the holes to make a little more room for the pillion.
JW
Hey JW,

I looked into that, but I didn't think it would allow her to lean back enough. I will re-investigate. In the meantime, I have drawn up a crude plan for a plate design. It will look similar to toecutters plate for the GIVI. I just have to find the right size aluminum plate to fabricate it. I thought of just eliminating the Yamaha base plate all together, and build a custom one completely out of aluminum, but I figured that might be beyond my ambitions. I'll let you know how it works out.

Mattster

Why don't you try strapping it on with a couple of cable ties, you had a lot of success with the GPS mount.

:lol:

Seriously, I have the small Premier rack and it's great, allows 2 standard positions for my GIVI case.

One of the pre-drilled sets may fit the Yami case, or you could drill your own, etc.

I'm sure Duane would help you out if you gave him a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in this if someone comes up with a solution. My wife has the same issue. She hates to ride with the topcase on the bike.