Yamaha Touring Trunk & Attachment Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrgoodie

Reaction score
I have been waiting since June 24th to have my trunk & mounting plate issue completed by Yamaha. I received a replacement trunk 2 weeks after I went to my dealer on June 24th. However, I am still waiting for the "improved" attachment kit for the bike. First they said it would ship on July 31st. Then I was told they would ship on August 15. I called Yamaha today to see what the status of these parts are and Yamaha says now that they aren't scheduled to arrive until August 20th. Does anyone one else have any other info regarding this problem? I assume that since none of the plates are available, they can't even sell any for '07 trunks either. I realize that they are correcting a problem for us but you would think they could have been better prepared as far as supply goes.

Fjr,

I have had mine on order for over a month. When I called the dealership GM this last Monday, he said there is about 400 ready to be distributed across the country with about 4000 on backorder. So I can wait for a part made well and so far my Top Case & Shelf does not have any cracks or problems.

He said he should have some stock in by the end of this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting since June 24th to have my trunk & mounting plate issue completed by Yamaha. I received a replacement trunk 2 weeks after I went to my dealer on June 24th. However, I am still waiting for the "improved" attachment kit for the bike. First they said it would ship on July 31st. Then I was told they would ship on August 15. I called Yamaha today to see what the status of these parts are and Yamaha says now that they aren't scheduled to arrive until August 20th. Does anyone one else have any other info regarding this problem? I assume that since none of the plates are available, they can't even sell any for '07 trunks either. I realize that they are correcting a problem for us but you would think they could have been better prepared as far as supply goes.

didn't realize this was a nation wide problem, i ordered late july... got the trunk, the recall part, but no mounting kit... at least that's what they say, i don't have any idea what is what or if there really are 3 separate parts

I called about my mounting bracket today. It was released from backorder in the computer. The guy didn't have a tracking number yet, so not sure if it left the warehouse today or not. If it shipped today, it should come in tomorrow, if it ships Friday, expect delivery on Monday. Depending on where you live, the Southeast warehouse is in Kennesaw, Ga (NW atlanta area), so add a couple days for ups if you live far away. I ordered mine August 2, when i bought the bike, so I am sure I am way down on the backorder list. Hopefully you can expect yours any day now also.

Mine was backordered until end of August and it came in last week. Dealer installed it last Friday. The trunk sure seems to have gotten quite a bit heavier with that new bottom plate on it. I just hope the plastic mounting rack can handle it. I'm sure they tested that......right?

Smoke

Mine was backordered until end of August and it came in last week. Dealer installed it last Friday. The trunk sure seems to have gotten quite a bit heavier with that new bottom plate on it. I just hope the plastic mounting rack can handle it. I'm sure they tested that......right?
Smoke
+1..... Finally got mine and like it, perhaps because it makes the bike all Yama.... :clapping:

DSCN1865.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the Yamaha re-call for the rear box attachment for my '05. I contacted the dealer last month and got the parts on order. Since then I traded my '05 in on an '07. Sounds like there's a massive back-order on the attachment upgrade. Probably best to hold off ordering the rear box for my '07 until the upgrade attachment components become available, eh? Anyone know what the new attachment parts are going to look like?

The parts for the Trunk mount recall were on backorder for about 1.5 month. They came in last week and are installed. I also got a new trunk out of the deal since mine was cracked. It looks like they added a metal plate to the bottom of the trunk. They also added some rubber vibration bumpers to the plate. Other than that, I don't see much difference to the mount on the bike itself. My first impression is that the trunk felt like it had a tighter fit to the bike. I'm very pleased that Yamaha stepped up and had a quick (hopefully permanent) fix for this problem.

The recall letter mentioned FRACTURE on the trunk? Anyone have these or seen these fractures? Where do I look for them. I have notice a very deep RUB at the front of the locking lip on the trunk itself....

The recall letter mentoned FRACTURES on the trunk? Where would one find these and how severe are they? I have a very deep RUB or worn place all the way across the locking lip of the trunk itself. Anyone got pictures of a BAD trunk? Thank you!