Yep, Another New Guy....Parts To Get?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Morrison

Retired Postal Worker
Reaction score
Have had my FJR just a little over a month.... been riding it a lot and slowly been adding goodies to it like I've done to my last bike (which is sitting all alone in the garage)... Have wanted a FJR ever since I took one out on a test ride a few years ago and now I'm lucky enough to have one.....

Added the bag decals, sliders, Ram GPS mount, tank protector. any other goodies I can spend my kids inheritane on???

Oh ya... That is really my name....

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had my FJR just a little over a month.... been riding it a lot and slowly been adding goodies to it like I've done to my last bike (which is sitting all alone in the garage)... Have wanted a FJR ever since I took one out on a test ride a few years ago and now I'm lucky enough to have one.....

Added the bag decals, sliders, Ram GPS mount, tank protector. any other goodies I can spend my kids inheritane on???
Hey, I've heard of you! Welcome to the forum; you'll get all kinds of advice here although you'll have to pick through some of it to glean what ya need.

Adding goodies aka farkles; dang, you can get addicted to that - ask me how I know..............

Hey... you type pretty good for a dead guy. Loved your last album by the way.

Congrats on the bike. You can spend a fortune on farkles, and it's easy to get carried away. There's ALWAYS something else ya gotta have <_<

Consensus seems to be that the stock windscreen is crap, and the seat is good for short rides but really not the best for doing any distance. As to what you should buy, there are no rules, and what is heaven for one is hell for another (I'm one of the fellas that LIKES going 1000 miles on a Corbin saddle, there are others that wouldn't ride one around the block). :blink:

Enjoy the ride, and welcome!

Griff

Hey Welcome,

I am new to the FJR as well., I have put some TBR M5 exhausts, Custom seat and some bar ends my friend makes. I bought a HJC Bluetooth helmet for me and the mrs. so she can make comments while en route. keep us posted on your farkle search. DR

Welcome - fwiw, my first purchases were:

- Zumo 550 + Autocomm so I could have a complete audio solution including BT pairing to my phone and can take calls while riding (spend a lot of time on conference calls for work and live an hour away from the office)

- Fuzeblock to wire in the above

- sliders

- backrest and luggage rack, great for tying stuff on (Premier Cycle Accessories)

- replacement windshield, I use the CalSci large, and always leave it all the way down, but it stopped the wind from shaking my head which I was always getting with the stock windshield.

later I added heated grips (went with the factory setup)

I am currently on the list for a Russell seat. I think the stock seat is great for an hour, I have ridden it for 9 hours (600 miles) straight without any real negative side effects, but it wasn't what I'd call comfortable.

Welcome to the Forum, you are gonna like it, I guarantee it.

I'm a safety fanatic, so my concern is being seen and heard. The stock horns have to go. There are numerous suggestions here about the best alternatives, but I have used FJRandy's harness and Magnum Blasters on my '05 and '07. I have a GIVI E-52 topcase and installed the Admore Lighting led arrays for conspicuity. Added the Back-Off flasher for more attention getting.

Have fun with the farkles, it makes a great bike even better.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree on the safety factor, On my other bike I have lights, lights, and more lights... also put on the Stebel Nautilus on my other bike and would love to get one on here, but no way I want to mount it on the outside. thinking about taking the Motolights off it and putting it on the FJR..

You're gonna luv the forum! You've got the sliders, the only question is, are you going to ride it in our cold fall and spring. If so, you might want to look at handgaurds to block the wind (see www.fjrtech.com). I just did it and they really help. If you're in the area feel free to stop by, I'm in West Bend WI