YES warrenty question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FtWorthGuy

Reaction score
My '07 FJR would not start last week, so I had it towed to the dealer where I purchased it. While it was going to be there I asked for the tires to be changed, install the PC III I had, and change the fork oil (20K miles). They did talk me into buying a YES when I bought the bike 6 months ago.

Now they tell me a fork seal is leaking and they are checking with Yamaha to see if it is covered.

What's up with that?

My '07 FJR would not start last week, so I had it towed to the dealer where I purchased it. While it was going to be there I asked for the tires to be changed, install the PC III I had, and change the fork oil (20K miles). They did talk me into buying a YES when I bought the bike 6 months ago.

Now they tell me a fork seal is leaking and they are checking with Yamaha to see if it is covered.

What's up with that?
Was the fork seal leaking before you brought it there? Did you notice any oil around the tube on your daily/weekly pre-ride checks? Don't recall many seal issues round these parts (and on a 20k bike) but ya never know...

Was the bike turning over but would not start?....If so....It was prolly a simple fix (fueled cylinders,..happens quite often) with these, Did you ask about the no start on the forum? It might have saved ya' the cost of a fork seal replacement that the dealer is trying to recoup some of his tow job costs on if he paid for it.

Are you new to the dealer? if so spend the entire weekend reading everything you can here... unless you totally trust the place you have purchased your bike from or...have a thick wallet.

Cheers

Don

Edit; how much more YES can you get on an 07'? and for how much.

-They Talked you into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The forks did not seem to be leaking before I took it in. I called yesterday and was told they had not changed the fork oil since they noticed they were leaking. Oh, and since I talked to them last, all of the people I had talked to had left the dealership.

What's up with that?
The '07 you bought 6 months ago...was it still new in the crate? I ask because YES is only available on bikes within their first year of (new) ownership. If you bought the bike used, it may not actually be YES, but rather a third party warranty provider.