Yosh Exhaust, need input

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdog

Reaction score
New to me 2016 has a Yosh Carbon Fiber slipons without the inserts.
It is pretty quiet at idle, but crusing above 80 or getting on the gas it is pretty loud

Does anyone have experience with these pipes to be able to compare sound with and without the inserts? and Maybe how the pipes with inserts compare to stock pipes?
The pipes are stupid expensive, , they are obviously hight quality, look great and are lighter but I like quiet bikes, especially for long rides. Not a big fan of inline 4 sound either (Now my Triumph Triple and KTM twins sound cool with pipes IMHO, but I still chose to stay stock.)

How many miles are on the mufflers? I have no experience with these but I once had a set of Leo Vince slipons. They were quite a bit quieter with the inserts (although still louder than stock), but they got even louder as they got more miles on them. Fiberglas packing deteriorates after a time and they need to be repacked. They came with my '07 (used bike) when I bought it in 2010 and I took them off at 50,000 miles in favor of the OEM mufflers.

My 2011 FJR came with a set of Staintunes that I like quite a lot. (These are all stainless and no packing material to deteriorate and blow out - 100,000 miles on them so far.)

Possibly you could post them in the classified, someone may be interested in a trade for stock. I used to have loud pipes but as I've gotten old I now prefer the stealth mode of stock pipes.

I have a set of the GYTR Yosh slip on's on my FJR. Same as yours. With the baffles, I enjoy the sound. Not noisy, but a nice deeper tone than stock. Sound fantastic when you wind it up! I have not tried them w/o inserts as I don't like too much noise.

They are a very nice slip on. I'd buy a set of inserts to quiet them down and enjoy.

~G

New to me 2016 has a Yosh Carbon Fiber slipons without the inserts.
It is pretty quiet at idle, but crusing above 80 or getting on the gas it is pretty loud

Does anyone have experience with these pipes to be able to compare sound with and without the inserts? and Maybe how the pipes with inserts compare to stock pipes?
The pipes are stupid expensive, , they are obviously hight quality, look great and are lighter but I like quiet bikes, especially for long rides. Not a big fan of inline 4 sound either (Now my Triumph Triple and KTM twins sound cool with pipes IMHO, but I still chose to stay stock.)
They are quieter with the baffles, for sure. But still notably louder than stock.

Frankly, I don’t miss my yoshis on the interstate for distance. But I do miss them for commuting and backroads/mountain riding.