You guys are gonna love this; Trailer Hitches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky

Reaction score
OK so I have a 05 FJR ABS and I want to add a (don't get to excited) trailer hitch as I bought a new Trekker trailer :bleh: :bleh: from Canada. Are there any that will come off easilly like with pulling a pin? I have one on my Wing and its hidden so its on. For the FEEJR I dont want to see it when I am not using it>> What idea's you got????

:p Lucky :p :p :p

I clicked on SEARCH then entered +trailer +hitch and it returned a bunch of hits like this one and this one. If you scroll through the whole threads you will find additional links and resources.

So, do you feel lucky? Give it a try :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You may not find what you seek. The mounting points for a trailer hitch are limited on the feej. I am using a bushtec hitch (that I converted to ball mount). I leave it on. It is not that big a detractor from the looks of the bike IMO. Some others here (Groo, FJRFencer, Jwilly, Tulane76, Wallypiper, etc.) have also seen my bike and could give you an objective opinion as to looks.

Don't mess with Scab! He'll put'er in reverse and ram the hell out of ya... :yahoo:

Kidding of course, I agree with Scab's assessment. The hitch doesn't look bad at all.

-jwilly

Jeez, you guys don't let anybody get away with anything.

Here ya go...

WTF? I am clicking the h*^* out the "insert picture" button. Nothing is happening.

I'll try again.

DOH!

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

Well, that was interesting. I am using a Mac. I had photobucket opened in Safari internet browser and the forum open in Internet Explorer for Mac. I could not insert a picture. Switched forum to Safari and photobucket to Explorer-PRESTO!

And yes, looks like I'm getting wet on the ride home.

Scab,

Where did you get that backrest? If I know you well enough you probably built it you handyman you!

We are getting that wet stuff here today as well. I caged it today because I haven't figured out how to pick up my dry cleaning on the feejer? :unsure:

-jwilly

I can't imagine that I'd ever want a motorcycle trailer unless I was going cross country riding 2 up. Which would never happen on my FJR. But if I was in the market for a trailer I'd look at one of these.

Just a suggestion, but if you intend to leave the hitch in place, why not fashion a small wheel that would replace the hitch ball?

That way when people look at the bike and wonder what the hell is sticking out, they will think that you are wheelie riding, drag racing maniac. It would make for good stories (lies) at most every stop.

:rolleyes:

Just a suggestion, but if you intend to leave the hitch in place, why not fashion a small wheel that would replace the hitch ball?That way when people look at the bike and wonder what the hell is sticking out, they will think that you are wheelie riding, drag racing maniac. It would make for good stories (lies) at most every stop.

:rolleyes:
Brilliant! :drinks:

You may not find what you seek. The mounting points for a trailer hitch are limited on the feej. I am using a bushtec hitch (that I converted to ball mount). I leave it on. It is not that big a detractor from the looks of the bike IMO. Some others here (Groo, FJRFencer, Jwilly, Tulane76, Wallypiper, etc.) have also seen my bike and could give you an objective opinion as to looks.
The bike looks fine. The Ugly ass rider on the otherhand......

:p

You need a bigger backrest... I can still see your windscreen. Maybe use a larger office chair? :)

Seriously now, how much weight do you pull? How does it affect handling and braking?

I can't imagine that I'd ever want a motorcycle trailer unless I was going cross country riding 2 up. Which would never happen on my FJR. But if I was in the market for a trailer I'd look at one of these.
Haven't been clear across country with the trailer, but I did do about a 1500 miler. I carry it when I go camping and such. Sometimes single, sometimes 2-up.

That trailer you linked actually looks alot like mine. Except I built mine for about half the cost. Listed trailer weight is nearly identical. Loaded for a week-long camping trip, I tipped the scales at about 550 lbs. gross. Dragging was a peice of cake. Fuel economy went down a tad, but what do you expect? Pulling a trailer with your bike doesn't feel anything like you might imagine. You hardly even know its there. As far as handling, I would rather pull a trailer than haul a passenger.

And braking with the trailer is still better than my old Goldwing.

Luke, of course you can still see the windscreen. That is the infamous V-Stream. I don't think they make any 3 backrests that would block that thing. The backrest pad actually used to be the drivers backrest from the old goldwing. I recycled it.

worth.gif

EDIT:

Uhm... nevermind. I didn't scroll down far enough :(

OK so I have a 05 FJR ABS and I want to add a (don't get to excited) trailer hitch as I bought a new Trekker trailer :bleh: :bleh: from Canada. Are there any that will come off easilly like with pulling a pin? I have one on my Wing and its hidden so its on. For the FEEJR I dont want to see it when I am not using it>> What idea's you got???? :p Lucky :p :p :p
Yes, UNI-GO makes a hitch specific for the FJR. I tow a single wheel, but they make a adapter for ball type 2 wheel trailers. 1 pin unhooks the trailer.