Z1R flip top helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T120TT

T120TT
Reaction score
Z1R helmets won the Cycle World helmet shoot out despite their low cost. Now they have a new model called the Eclipse that has a flip up front like Nolan and others. Anyone have any first hand opinions about it?

Z1R helmets won the Cycle World helmet shoot out despite their low cost. Now they have a new model called the Eclipse that has a flip up front like Nolan and others. Anyone have any first hand opinions about it?
This will only be modertately helpful. I don't have the helmet in question, but i do have the one that CW went on and on about. I find it comfortable, quiter than my Shoei, and well put together. A quality piece though perhaps not as plush inside as a Shoei.

This will only be modertately helpful. I don't have the helmet in question, but i do have the one that CW went on and on about. I find it comfortable, quiter than my Shoei, and well put together. A quality piece though perhaps not as plush inside as a Shoei.
Thanks. I have the Strike model and share your opinion. Best brand for the buck anywhere in helmet land. I just took a chance and ordered the Eclipse flip top version. We'll see if its as good.