Zumo 450

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
Okay, I have the Garmin Zumo 450 that experienced the infamous cradle/sound problems. I called Garmin.

"No problem," says the man, "It's under warranty." "We'll send you a new cradle right away."

The package arrived yesterday. Wrong cradle. They sent the cradle meant for an automobile.

I called them back this morning. While both Garmin employees that I spoke with were very nice, professional, and accomodating...they were not familiar with the Zumo motorcycle mount. So, after a lot of verbal description, the correct cradle is on its way. (I hope)

So...should anyone have to seek warranty service for their cradle, make sure they understand this is the one for the motorcycle and save yourself some trouble!

When it arrives, I will update this post with the correct part number.

When it arrives, I will update this post with the correct part number.
Not sure what the mystery is . . . the parts are listed right on Garmin's web aite:

Motorcycle mounting bracket (replacement)

- Item #: 010-10859-00

- Suggested Retail Price: $ 85.00 USD

Automotive Suction Cup Mount (replacement)

- Part Number: 010-10860-00

- Suggested Retail Price: $ 98.00 USD

Thanks, now I don't have to update.

I guess I should have checked the site, but really, I didn't think this would be complicated. I mean, geez, I bought and registered a 450. Send me the cradle that came with it. This is just another example of an assumption gone wrong. I assumed they would know what came with the product.

That, and I had to go through the whole process of explaining the problem and letting them make the determination of what was wrong. I wanted to say; "Look, I know what the problem is because I have already read about it on the FJRForum." But, I resisted.

How long did you spend on hold before you actually got a human? The last time I called them I gave up after 20 minutes.

We'll see what I get... My email communications with 'Joey' were quite clear and succinct. I'm pretty sure I'll get the right one.

How long did you spend on hold before you actually got a human? The last time I called them I gave up after 20 minutes.
First call, less than 5 minutes.

Second call this morning: THEY PICKED UP ON THE FIRST RING!

We'll see what I get... My email communications with 'Joey' were quite clear and succinct. I'm pretty sure I'll get the right one.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Are they asking you to return the automotive bracket? Are you planning to buy the power cord to make it work if they are not? If the answers are 'no' to both, then perhaps I could convince you to generously offer me the one you got by mistake?

Unfortunately, they issued me a RMA # and made sure I had the correct return address before the proper order of mine was placed.

I wonder if they will send the proper one prior to receiving mine...

Unfortunately, they issued me a RMA # and made sure I had the correct return address before the proper order of mine was placed.I wonder if they will send the proper one prior to receiving mine...
If you gave them a credit card number when you ordered the correct mounting bracket they will most likely send you the replacement before they get the automotive bracket from you. Most of these places won't send you anything until they receive your other one first, they are most likely keeping track of what is going on through the RMA number they sent you. If you want it fast I would get the automotive bracket back to them ASAP. Looking at the different part numbers and the different prices between the automotive and motorcycle brackets, they may owe you some money as well. $13.00 to be exact.

It's all on the warranty ticket so no charge. All the more reason they'll want this one back before they send me the right one. :huh:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
My Garmin Customer Service Rep is better than yours!

Got the new, correct base today. Oh, joy, joy! Thanks, Joey and Garmin!

But my shipping guy is better than yours! I got the correct, new & improved base YESTERDAY! It sounds sooooooooo good.

But my shipping guy is better than yours! I got the correct, new & improved base YESTERDAY! It sounds sooooooooo good.

Ok, What did I miss on a issue with the 450 I bought one last fall ,and haven't used it much,so what am I looking(or listening )for? Please don't make me search. I'm computer dumb

Sound problems and static. Determined to be a problem with the base. While they look the same, some have stated that the replacement is a re-design.

Mine started with some static, then progressively worsened, til finally the sound would completely cut out at times.