Zumo 550 and Motorola mini droid phone bluetooth pairing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
Searched for this issue but couldn't find anything specific to the mini droid I got a used 550 yesterday and I can't get the gps and my mini droid to pair. The gps bluetooth is working because it wanted to pair to my laptop bluetooth. It looks like I am SOL having the GPS and phone bluetooth pairing, but maybe some one can tell me different.

Thanks for any help

I have the original Droid and went through similar problems years ago. I could get the Droid and 550 to pair, but after an hour or so, they would unpair for no apparent reason and without giving any notice of having done so. Tried everything I could think of, same result. Exchanged numerous e mails with Garmin's alleged customer support and finally got them to admit that the 550 had only been checked for compatibility with a half dozen obsolete and no longer available (at that time) phones. I gave up on using the 550's Bluetooth at that point and paired the phone directly with my G4 and have had no problems using it that way. I don't try to place calls while riding, my Droid's voice dialing is crap, only am concerned with answering incoming calls.

I was afraid of that. I'll just pair the phone to my SENA as I have been doing if I have to.

Pair your [hone directly to your Sena, you will have better volume with your phone, I used to have my phone go through the Zumo and I had to turn up the volume to hear the caller.