Zumo 550 Cradle Mount/accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-RemingtonRider

Their Sunset / My Sunrise
Reaction score
Looking for a accessory: Cradle motorcycle mount for the Zumo 550

Anyone have a Cradle mount that is cluttering up your garage or area. For a fair price, I will definitely take it off your hands.

Scored a great deal on the unit; but store did not have cradle mount or any accessories to go with it for that matter.

I have the RAM ball mount, just need the cradle to hold the unit, mounting security tool and plate if have.

Wasn't looking for one, but since I have heard so much broohaha over how great they were on this forum, I just bought it, knew the store did not know what they had.

Thanks,

wl

If you got the full package, it should come with the MC cradle and ram mounts, and the car mounts.

I would wait to see what you got in the package before buying anything.

EDIT: Guess I should read the whole email. DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't need satellite radio, I have one for you.

Garmin sent me a new one because the satellite radio stopped working on this one. I think the antenna connector corroded because I ride in the rain a lot. The charger and audio work fine.

If you want it, pm me your address and I'll ship it to you.

You will still need a power cord...

Last edited by a moderator:
Squirt some contact cleaner in there, and while you're at it, hold all the pins down along the bottom and work some cleaner in there too. They can corrode internally and cause issues. I do this a couple of times a year now as a preventative measure.

Feeger, you are "tha Man".

Wow, that was fast, received the mount today. Super Thanks, owe ya...

Just need to find/order the power cord and a couple other trinkets' and it'll be ready to go.

Plate and RAM mount as well. Not really going the Satellite route so, no loss there.

Man, this arrival just made my whole week.

Thanks.

Question to forum, what headphone/mic did you find best to use with the system? I have speakers in my headphone, but no mike on the wire, was thinking is there such a thingy that would allow to use the mirophone feature with my current helmet speakers?

My initial reaction is: Who would have a Zumo 550 without the mount or cables?

Maybe someone who removed it from the mount on a motorcycle? :unsure:

Where did you buy it and are there more?
Howdy Neighbor, yea my cold weather luck(if one would say)

Was making my normal hobby-Pawn stops; when I noticed a new one 1960...turns out it was just re-located. Well, to my amazement I went in and see this bulky GPS that say's Garmin.

Not really sure, I ask to get a closer look from the chap behind the counter. He shows me and it clearly said what I thought I saw, ZUMO..., and more close inspection revealed it to be the Zumo 550.

Now, not in the market for a GPS, but thanks to this Forum, I know what Zumo is. I ask the young Chap, well what's the price. He say's, well it has no cables or cords, just the unit, I'll let it go for $50.00. Had a sticker for $89.00

Hmm, not totally sure about the year and model, I let it pass. Checked up on the WWW and well, it was easy to see that this thing has a current value of much more than the asking $$$ (with all parts).

I quickly ran right up there the next day and bought it. Guy says they had in on the floor for about 2 months. Brought it home, hooked up and it worked just fine. Now tomorrow, I am on the search for the mounting back RAM.

It kinda works out that way sometimes; they don't truly know the value of some of the items they bring in.

Well, to answer your question, no. It was the only Zumo they had. If I run across another one, I'll shoot ya a pm.

wl

[SIZE=36pt]FIFTY BUCKS!!![/SIZE]
Yea, the guy didn't know what he had. I may start checking the pawn shops around here (even though I have enough junk already stuffed into my garages :D )

Yep, Truly Remarkable.

Got the mounting RAM today, and installed on the bike....works like a true charm. I think a little better than the Garmin 330 I was using, now to be my back up. Can't wait to start some software route mapping and stuff, oughta be fun, explore some of those deep country roads up around Grimes/walker/Brazos counties.

[SIZE=14pt]Texas Cycle Chrome[/SIZE], is a MC accessory place located at Jones Rd/hwy 290...in a little strip center, has the whole gambit of RAM accessories. Only place I've seen in the Houston area, that carries almost every mount you could use. And their prices are just as competative as the internet sites. They specialize in Honda Goldwing accessories, but have a lot of stuff, and very nice folks. Guess I should put this little message in dealer accolades.

Where did you buy it and are there more?
Howdy Neighbor, yea my cold weather luck(if one would say)

Was making my normal hobby-Pawn stops; when I noticed a new one 1960...turns out it was just re-located. Well, to my amazement I went in and see this bulky GPS that say's Garmin.

Not really sure, I ask to get a closer look from the chap behind the counter. He shows me and it clearly said what I thought I saw, ZUMO..., and more close inspection revealed it to be the Zumo 550.

Now, not in the market for a GPS, but thanks to this Forum, I know what Zumo is. I ask the young Chap, well what's the price. He say's, well it has no cables or cords, just the unit, I'll let it go for $50.00. Had a sticker for $89.00

Hmm, not totally sure about the year and model, I let it pass. Checked up on the WWW and well, it was easy to see that this thing has a current value of much more than the asking $$$ (with all parts).

I quickly ran right up there the next day and bought it. Guy says they had in on the floor for about 2 months. Brought it home, hooked up and it worked just fine. Now tomorrow, I am on the search for the mounting back RAM.

It kinda works out that way sometimes; they don't truly know the value of some of the items they bring in.

Well, to answer your question, no. It was the only Zumo they had. If I run across another one, I'll shoot ya a pm.

wl

Hmmm... :unsure:

Zumo 550 with no cables, bought in a pawn shop for $50.

Based on the above, I would say you bought someone else's stolen Zumo.

Be interesting to see what happens when you try to register it at Garmin... :rolleyes:

[

Hmmm... :unsure:

Zumo 550 with no cables, bought in a pawn shop for $50.

Based on the above, I would say you bought someone else's stolen Zumo.

Be interesting to see what happens when you try to register it at Garmin... :rolleyes:

Well, that was a thought also....consulted with my LEO friends & customers and they all said the same. As long as I maintain the receipt from the P-shop it is their responsibility to defend against dealing in stolen goods.

So, to rest easy the receipt stays in my wallet. Just to share my concerns, in googling I stumbled upon a thread of a guy on a forum who road a BMW who said his was stolen during a tour of some baked beans MC event, he

even posted the serial number...no match. Being the guy I am, if I did run across a posted serial number that matched, I would just sell it to the owner at my cost....probably odd, but that is what I would want someone to

do for me if I lost a item of this value.

Until then, I will enjoy my treasure find.

Try registering it on Garmin's web site. You'll want to do that eventually anyway so you can update the files on the device. If it is stolen it would have been previously registered and so they would be one of the first places to know, I would think.

Try registering it on Garmin's web site. You'll want to do that eventually anyway so you can update the files on the device. If it is stolen it would have been previously registered and so they would be one of the first places to know, I would think.
So, got me to thinking...being Sunday and all. Let's play good samaritan right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Zumo, pull up addresses....funny, not many only one(home) then Garmin usa, garmin yada-yada.

Google, home address...no apt. number though...can't even send a letter.

Turns out it's an apartment complex about 1 mile from the P-shop.

Dig further, no music on zumo, no waypoints, etc.....

Not to be judgemental of persons living quarters, however the apartments don't seem the type where someone would be the owner of a expensive toy...just saying.

Due diligence of the samaritan done........Not going to dig up trouble. I'll see what the registration will bring up.

Thanks for getting me to think of it though....now, seriously going to enjoy the new-to-me toy.