Zumo 665

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
It does have the reverse route feture.

I have used the bluetooth in my car and it has worked perfect. It displays youe phone book on the Zumo screen.

I have Autocom so I will be hardwiring the Zumo to the Autocom (waiting for cable from Tulsa) and the Phone will bluetooth to the Zumo. With Autocom its not a good idea to bluetooth the Zumo to the Autocom if you will be playing nusic because the Autocom bluetooth is not in stereo.

The large touch screen seems to work well.

Having live weather radar is nice but that requires extra cash to XM.

I just got mine a few days ago so I have not tried loading custom routes yet.

I do like the motorcycle cradel it comes with Ram ball mounting and is very simple to attach and remove. One hand operation.

Seems to have a good proccessor it finds sats. and routes quickly.

One thing that suprised me was looking at it it appears to have a very large screen but it is actually the exact same size as my 378.

I ordered from PCNATION online seller they are a Garmin distributor. Paid 850.00 and sent in for a 100.00 rebate so final price will be right at 750.00. The shipping was free.

I am curious as to why you chose the 665 over the 660. Other than the obvious advantage of XM.
Dave
XM Radar Weather.

I have a GPSMAP 378 now and have the XM nexrad radar. It is really nice to know what your riding into or to avoid weather. So I didnt want to give that up so I waited for the 665

I am curious as to why you chose the 665 over the 660. Other than the obvious advantage of XM.
Dave
XM Radar Weather.

I have a GPSMAP 378 now and have the XM nexrad radar. It is really nice to know what your riding into or to avoid weather. So I didnt want to give that up so I waited for the 665
What's the cost of the XM radar? 99/mo?

Corey

Dave
XM Radar Weather.

What's the cost of the XM radar? 99/mo?

Corey
Right now I pay 29.95 moth for the sailor package.

It does have the reverse route feture.I have used the bluetooth in my car and it has worked perfect. It displays youe phone book on the Zumo screen.

I have Autocom so I will be hardwiring the Zumo to the Autocom (waiting for cable from Tulsa) and the Phone will bluetooth to the Zumo. With Autocom its not a good idea to bluetooth the Zumo to the Autocom if you will be playing nusic because the Autocom bluetooth is not in stereo.

I do like the motorcycle cradel it comes with Ram ball mounting and is very simple to attach and remove. One hand operation.

One thing that suprised me was looking at it it appears to have a very large screen but it is actually the exact same size as my 378.

What type of phone and what carrier are you using..??

I'd be curious if the GXM30 will work with it as it calls for a GXM40.
Let me know, Will ya? :)
The GXM30 Does Not work with the Zumo 665 It something to do with the power requirments of the GXM30. You have to use the GXM40 that comes with the Zumo 665

It does have the reverse route feture.I have used the bluetooth in my car and it has worked perfect. It displays youe phone book on the Zumo screen.

What type of phone and what carrier are you using..??
Right now I have Iphone with ATT

OK got the scoop on the Wether package for the Zomo 665

You have to sign up for a package that has NavWeather and NavTraffic and XM radio. for 19.95 month.

I had my first experience with the NavTraffic today. I was going down interstae when the Zumo alerted me of traffic on my route gave me the option of routing around so I took it. This was great added about a mile but I avoided stop n go on the interstate.

Where did you buy it and how much?
R
I got mine for only $599.. Plus, I can't wait for my rebate check....$200. back to me.... :rolleyes:

Bastard. You AND your Bonne Terre brother!
:p
You can borrow mine Skooterboy... xoxoxo

Smitty

WHERE??????

thanks.

Just kidding, bought mine at PC Nation also, had it in two days. Same rebate.. a C note in only 8 to 12 weeks!!! I love rebates.. :angry2:

Smitty