Flashing Halogen Taillight Bulb

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmac

Reaction score
I am interested in installing a flashing halogen taillight bulb . I am thinking of the one listed in the Rider wearhouse catalog the flashes 4 times real fast, 3 times a little slower , 2 times real slow and then stays on.

Will it fit in the FJR ?

thanks

Mac

You talking about a tail light or a brake light? Lots of folks use the 'back off' controller for the brake light. Works well.

You talking about a tail light or a brake light? Lots of folks use the 'back off' controller for the brake light. Works well.
Sorry I didn't explain myself very well, the bulb I am talking about operates like the "back off" module but is sef contained and takes the place of the tail/brake light. It is suppose to just replace your standard bulb. It says that it fits standard #1157 dual filament brake/taillight bulb sockets.

Mac

Are you sure it's a halogen bulb and not a LED? I've installed the clear led in mine and haven't had any problems.

I'm also running the hyperlight set up, get a lot of questions from cagers and bikes alike but I know I get seen.

:jester:

Are you sure it's a halogen bulb and not a LED? I've installed the clear led in mine and haven't had any problems. I'm also running the hyperlight set up, get a lot of questions from cagers and bikes alike but I know I get seen.

:jester:
Yes , it is a Halogen bulb, it is listed on page 198 in the Rider wearhouse catalog. I am wondering if the bulb is longer than the one it replaces and may not fit.

Mac

Sorry, I don't have the catalog. But, if you're talking about the Kisantech all in one units, the answer is generally no for ABS bikes. Kisantech like Back Off makes a separate module that you can use but the all in one units are not supposed to be used on the ABS bikes. Kistantech has an application guide on their website that you can check out.

Cheers,

Jim

Sorry, I don't have the catalog. But, if you're talking about the Kisantech all in one units, the answer is generally no for ABS bikes. Kisantech like Back Off makes a separate module that you can use but the all in one units are not supposed to be used on the ABS bikes. Kistantech has an application guide on their website that you can check out.
Cheers,

Jim

Kisantech does have a module that can be used on ABS equiped bikes. It just has a ballast added to stop ABS faults. I've using one for about 6 months with no problems.

B) -->

QUOTE(tom b @ Feb 15 2007, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers,

Jim

Kisantech does have a module that can be used on ABS equiped bikes. It just has a ballast added to stop ABS faults. I've using one for about 6 months with no problems.

thanks guys, I think I will probably go with the back off module, that way I know there is no problems. The catalog does not say the manufacture of the bulb.

Mac

Cheers,

Jim
This is incorrect. Kisan now sells the all-in-the-bulb-base flasher model for the ABS FJR. It does use a replacable HALOGEN bulb offered in both 10w and 20w sizes.

I have a pair in mine and they work great. They are also designed to flash in tandem, which they do perfectly.