Available "clicks" on the rear shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRLoonie

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever counted the number of clicks (range) on their rear shock?

From fully closed (clockwise) to maximum the owner's manual says 20. I just tried mine and can go to 48 before the adjustment ring stops!

From fully closed (clockwise) to maximum the owner's manual says 20. I just tried mine and can go to 48 before the adjustment ring stops!
Just like opening a fuel needle, once it's open enough to maximize the flow through the available orifice/jet, further withdraw of the needles makes no difference.

Yamaha refers to 20-clicks ausableseable range, not the mechanical range.

Just like opening a fuel needle, once it's open enough to maximize the flow through the available orifice/jet, further withdraw of the needles makes no difference.

Yamaha refers to 20-clicks ausableseable range, not the mechanical range.
Thanks for the reply. The manual also suggests to see what the range is (differences due to production tolerances)and adjust the final settings as necessary. I just want to make sure that there is not a problem.