Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canes

Reaction score
We had a long eleven-hour ride yesterday and we saw hundreds of other riders. The one thing I noticed was the lack of any gear on most riders. There were a lot of shorts, tank shirts, and tennis shoes with beanie caps. In fact, until we hooked up with a group of Florabama Sportbike Riders at 7:30 last night, I was the only person I saw wearing gear.

Now that the summer heat is on, what do you guys wear when riding for a same day trip or for a multi-day trip?

Saw a guy on a harley bagger yesterday with his wife. He was wearing nothing but shorts and flipflops, and a brainbucket. At least his wife had on a tanktop.

A fairly inexpensive setup that my wife an I use is a velocity jacket, Ballistic 5.0 pants, and Alter Ego jacket, Ballistic 5.0 pants for her. Probably not the best setup, but it work for us in a varitey of temps due to the removable liners and vents available. We also have nice gloves but hell if I can remember the models.

Alex

Aerostich 1pc, Shoei RF-1000, Buell carbon fiber "race" gloves, Sidi Sympatex GT boots. All the time... unless its really hot then I trade the 'Stich for a Firstgear mesh jacket.

I get funny looks when I ride the wife's 30hp Blast in full gear ;)

Wife wears Joe Rocket Balistic jacket and pants, leather harley gloves (Joe Rocket mesh/leather are on order), Harley boots, Shoei Syncrotech.

Aerostich 2-pc, combat touring boots, riding gloves, FF helmet. Sometimes a Cortech 2-pc instead of the 'stich. Both armored w/ back protecter and assorted pads.

The helmet(s) are Arai and Shoei. Both with a sunblocker.

Yeah it's hot when I stop, so I don't stop for long and/or I find shade...besides, a fresh layer of perspiration cools me when I start out again cause my suits are well vented. They aren't hot when I'm riding, a bit warm maybe :rolleyes:

FirstGear mesh jacket, gauntlets, full-face, Sidi boots - for hot weather. Am looking at options for colder weather; torn between 1 or 2 piece 'Stitch, or the Kevlar stuff.

Hot weather: Syncrotec, Cortech gloves (perforated with carbon fiber knuckles), First Gear mesh tech jacket, Draggin' jeans with knee protection or First Gear mesh tech pants, Sidi boots.

Cold weather: Syncrotech, gauntlet gloves, Kilimanjaro jacket, First gear HT overpants over my Icon Steel pants, Sidi boots.

Trying to leave the road rash for the Harley crowd.

I'm soon to have a rossi replica AGV TiTech helmet (in the mail).

I wear icon superduty gloves and either a JR Pheonix3 (hot) or a JR Blaster (cold) at all times. I usually wear a set of Aplinestars boots, but in really warm weather must resort to a pair of DC skateboard shoes.

I currently don't have any pants, but am looking for some, preferably mesh.

LaPerla see-thru Kevlar bodysuit, mesh panties, ankle boots by Victoria's Secret, satin gloves and a byuuu-tiful fuchsia helmet by Schubert (the stylist, NOT the ghastly plastic molder).

gorgeous1.jpg

G'bye you big sillies

Stef

Ah Ha! I knew it! And here you are busting me on my man bras! :p

I was running an errand in downtown Santa Barbara yesterday and I spot a new FJR, two up on State Street. The rider was in a full face helmet. Pillion was in a beanie.

Pretty lady. I thought, 'Gonna be a waste if they go down.' She was stylin' though...

I was running an errand in downtown Santa Barbara yesterday
Now you know why I just love to pick on you, bro

You just happen to pop down the road in Santa Barbara and I'm stuck in Milan

watching the factories close down...

...aaaand I thought your bag covers simply were not you... :D

Stef

At least his wife had on a tanktop
Lots of possibilities here. Was this a good thing or a bad thing? Would it have been better had she not been wearing the tank top? Is it her safety or the view with which we should be conderned? If both, how do we reconcile the competing interests?

'Gonna be a waste if they go down.'
:eek: Let's watch our syntax, and colloquialisms, people!