• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LEDRider LED Floods and Spots - FJR Forum discount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the looks of the LD35s...might need a set of those. Do you know if those would work with Dave's brackets?
I don't think they will. Should be fine on Garauld's though, they are fairly light. Here's some more pictures. Very low power draw at ~22 watts, with a big light throw due to the large optics. Uses a Cree MT-G2 chip. 803 feet at 1 Lux of light, from a single lamp. Also the beam is wider than comparable lights, so not only do you get range, you can see things on the sides of the road too :)

10882362_876285635748816_8944176435222741640_n.jpg

10300765_875923835784996_4723298147533529210_n.jpg

I can't say what they will work with. I think the brackets I have are the BLM offerings, steel with a support arm that wraps around the fairing. I had to extend them because using the single central mounting hole meant the lights fouled the mirrors.

The other benefit is that each light can be adjusted without affecting the other:

DSCN0132-L.jpg

DSCN0133-L.jpg

No, it wasn't me who scratched the light
biggrin.png

DSCN0134-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the LR35 might fit the new brackets that Fred and I worked out for the Gen3's. You might have to open up the hole for what looks like a slightly larger screw than the LR4's.

Dave

I believe the LR35 might fit the new brackets that Fred and I worked out for the Gen3's. You might have to open up the hole for what looks like a slightly larger screw than the LR4's.
Dave
Dave, the securing bolt is M8, you can't see it in the pics.

The bolt you can see is M10, it is for the LR5s

Dave
Oops, forgot about the new brackets. Looks like they would work with those.

Well If I don't loose power due to the storm tomorrow I will most likely stay home and get the Gen3 brackets finished up.

Almost there,

Dave

Well If I don't loose power due to the storm tomorrow I will most likely stay home and get the Gen3 brackets finished up.
Almost there,

Dave
So Dave, will that setup also work for a Gen II? Looking for a way to mount the LR35s.

P.S. I think you're gonna be screwed by mother nature...good luck.

Dave has other brackets (his original designs on the Anti Vibe Bracket thread) for mounting Aux Lights to the mirror mounts the Gen 1's and 2's.

Dave has other brackets (his original designs on the Anti Vibe Bracket thread) for mounting Aux Lights to the mirror mounts the Gen 1's and 2's.
I know that he has brackets for the Gen II...just trying to find out if they will accommodate the LR35s.

I know that he has brackets for the Gen II...just trying to find out if they will accommodate the LR35s.
LR35 or LD35 ... They are different. The LD35 are the ones I fitted, but they are not on the site yet.

LR35 or LD35 ... They are different. The LD35 are the ones I fitted, but they are not on the site yet.

I need to work on a new name for the new lights to make it less confusing :)

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

Almost there,
Dave

So Dave, will that setup also work for a Gen II? Looking for a way to mount the
LR35s.

P.S. I think you're gonna be screwed by mother nature...good luck.

After living in NH for 25 years I have learned to deal with the white stuff. I put over 500 lbs. of wood in the back of the pick up yesterday. Gas tank was filled up this morning along with a couple of extra jugs to put in the generator.

I can up size the hole on the Gen1 AV brackets for larger hardware up to a 1/4 inch, plenty strong enough for the LR35's IMO.

You are correct...LD35s are what I am interested in mounting on my 06.
Sorry for the confusion.

So with the discussion of the other "marker" lights, reminded me that I forgot to post up pics of my setup....

I picked up the mini amber lights from LEDRider on Justins suggestion.... with the clearer lenses then those other lights - I think they will broadcast a much longer and brighter beam... for those foggier days on the road and good visibility from other drivers.... Quite a bit more expensive then those others, but I like Justin's products....

Since I already have the Fuzeblock, I'll be running them off it...

Still haven't taken the time to get any of my wiring going on the bike, but the winter is still upon us.....

I used a longer stainless bolt, and a stainless nut as a standoff from the fender mounting point and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out....

IMG_20150207_131550_zpstzknnkxz.jpg

IMG_20150207_131613_zpsrmedq7w3.jpg

Nice and neat install. If I do some of these "markers" I'd do something similar.

But you better get that new bike out and ride it more often. Your brake rotors are getting rusty. ;)

No shit Fred it's killing me..

Got 2 FJR's and the 86 RWB Nighthawk staring me down every damn I walk in the garage
sad.png

I finally have the LEDs fitted and set up more or less the way I want them (barring some adjustment).

On the bike:

OEM Headlights

1 x Pair LR5

1 x Pair LD35 (new)

The LR5 and the LD35 come on, 100% brightness with the High Beams.

On Low Beam the LD35 go off and the LR5 are cut to 20% (which I may reduce to 10%) A Skene dimmer controls the LR5s.

In addition, each pair has individual switches to isolate them if necessary:

Below is a rough video I shot outside the front of the house. The house opposite is maybe 3 to 400 feet away and sits quite a bit higher than ours. The video shows the OEM lights first, on High and Low, then the LD35s come on followed by the LR5s. Those latter lamps appear to light the near-field a little more than they do in practise. Bottom line .... They are awesome
biggrin.png

This picture is of the isolating switches on a home made bracket. They simply interrupt the high bean trigger.

DSCN0146-L.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted updates here. Just wanted to share some pictures of our latest offerings and some special deals :)

Some pictures of the LR40 and LD35 lamps in action. All pictures taken with the same manual camera settings in the same location. Camera angle is a bit skewed as these were taken on different nights, and I might not have gotten the angles perfect :) . The markings in the parking lot will show the difference of angle. End of parking lot is ~450 feet. Rock structures in the distance start at about 900-1000 ft.

Two Silverstar H4 highbeams from a Minivan (Yes, I have a minivan :lol: ):
Click Here For Large Image

10991432_909537042423675_235313042284242625_n.jpg

One LR40 Lamp:
Click Here For Large Image

11001757_909753145735398_1990523263428648318_n.jpg

Awesome range, and awesome color and definition!

Our current LR5/LR40 deal is linked below. Get a dimmer for $10 more with a set of either! And yes, the standard FJR15 discount code still works with the special.

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR3540WDP

Two LD35 Lamps:
Click Here For Larger Image

11008566_909537035757009_8711296820828976167_n.jpg

That's a mere 44 watts of LED lighting. The tint of the 5000k MT-G2 is superb, with tons of definition, and no close in wash out. Not only do the LD35's provide incredible range, you also get great secondary flood as well. Note: The LD35 picture wound up being angled a bit more to the right.

Current Special on the LD35's:

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LD35WDP

$10 Dimmer with the purchase of a pair! With the FJR15 discount that's less than $180 for an amazing pair of lights, and a dimmer
punk.gif