• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Right Side Mirror

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
I unwittingly (dumbass) layed my bike down the other night. R&G sliders worked as advertised and no damage to the fairings. But, the right side mirror arm broke at the joint (as I assume it is designed to do). I'm exploring trying to get it fixed, but in the meantime, does anyone have a right side mirror they want to sell or donate?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have a right side mirror they want to sell or donate?
JimLor: Don't feel bad. This is not an uncommon occurrence for a heavy bike. I did the same thing at a stop sign one night (highly crowned road, too close to the edge). Stepped into a dark "hole" and my 05 kept going. My right mirror broke just as you describe in its noble effort to save the fairing; some scratches on the saddle bag. On the plus side, it did give me an opportunity to test the auto-engine shutoff feature! ;)

I went out and bought a replacement Yamaha right FJR mirror from my local dealer ($64), but only used it for a couple of weeks. I've since bought a pair of Yamaha FZ1 mirrors from FJRGoodies ($100/pair), and having used them for a while, I don't think I'd ever go back to the stock mirrors. Much better visibility and a better match against the Cee Bailey +4+2 windscreen I've added.

I don't have an immediate use for the stock mirror set I have, except to have on hand as emergency spares. I'd let the right one go for $45 plus shipping. (OBO :) .) PM me if interested, otherwise consider, perhaps, getting a set of FZ1 mirrors. I bought the OEM ones after seeing a warning on the ezboard about the quality of some of the aftermarket FZ1 mirrors out there.

NightShine - thanks for the offer and also for your story. Had another FJRer offer me a mirror if I paid the shipping - wasn't hard to accept that deal. I'm also considering the +4/+4 windscreen and will probably go to the FZ1 mirrors at that time. Thanks for your offer.