The best year for the FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpo

Reaction score
Through the years of having the FJR 1300 and owning them, was there a year or model that stand out as the best?

Agreeing with harper...but out of the four I've owned, my '09 was the best. Should have never sold that machine!

~G

I like the '15 ES. Still the 5 speed and I have come to really like the electronic suspension, cruise control and updated ( info wise) panel display. But my 09 A was nice also, they are all good and fun.

Through the years of having the FJR 1300 and owning them, was there a year or model that stand out as the best?
I have a 03 with 170+k miles and it runs great, but there is a 2014 with 21k that is set up nice. So I was curious being you can’t go wrong with the FJR, was there a year that was liked over the other. That said, Ive been a first gen lover. And I had and miss my pristine 05, my 03 is great .

My 04 (Oz version) was fantastic and quick, my 09 was not as fast but still lots of fun. I currently have a Fat Boy (For sh*ts anf giggles, heavy kn thing it is) but seriously thinking of going back to the FJR, just something about them that has and still does, captured my imagination and a whole heap of great memories!

My first '05 was too flimsy. Couldn't stand up to a big pile of granite rocks. Got to really love the electronic shift on my '09 after a while, but I missed the CC 'cuz it came along after I had it on the '14. And that red on the '14 sure was pretty. But I'm really starting to like my new '23.

Later, let's talk about windscreens. ;)

I have only owned one, my '05. I was surprised at how capable it is from the first time I rode it, but I think that's true for all FJRs. Mine has over 150,000 miles on it and never gave me any trouble. I enjoyed every mile. The only thing I would prefer would be less heat on the rider, and I understand that the '06 and newer have improved in that.

You guys are all full of "Donkey Doo"! This is a trick question to pit us against each other! 🥵 Can't you see that? 👓 We all know (In our hearts) the 06 is the Best, Simplest, Fastest, and just THE most beautiful color FJR EVER!! Just be men and admit it!!! :cool:

Pete-o

P.S. None of you guys know where I live.... right? ✌️

What's wrong with you guys. No one has mentioned the 2006, first year of Gen 2 , best looking and Fastest Blue yet!! Who needs CC, Heated grips, slipper clutches , ride modes or say it isn't so ....... a sixth gear!
Very happy with mine, added Grip heaters for my hands, 1" bar risers for my wrists and a Corbin seat for my back side and a 190 tire for my speedometer.

Sorry Pete-O missed your post. Ditto I say.