Happy Birthday 03silverbullet!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Which I guess makes me the mileage queen..... :huh:

03silverbullet (Steve) was passing through my area of the country on his way to visit parents south of Tucson. I was able to put him up for the night, and today we were able to get a short ride in. A good day.

And today is also his Birthday, the Ol Fart!. So Happy Birthday Steve!!!! :clapping: :yahoo:

Here's the Birthday boy himself. Now take a good look at that photo folks. What you see there is over 320,000 miles on those two FJRs!!!!! :eek: No garage queens here.

03silverbullet5.jpg

I am embarassed to admit that however, that this old dude from the People's Republik of Kali has more miles than I. I need to get busy! I mean I like being queen and all, but between being 2nd to Steve and chauffer to GalaxyBlue the night before, I am getting a bit insecure with my sexuality. :blink:

My odo:

03silverbullet6.jpg

Steve's odo:

03silverbullet7.jpg

Way to go Steve! :clapping:

So it's been a great two days of whirlwind of FJR fellowship. Getting Galaxyblue to be my 'bitch' last night while he was stuck in town (Clicky HERE for the gory details), and getting to ride with the Birthday Boy and mileage KING 03silverbullet today.

You meet the nicesest peeps on an FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what happens if you touch the two highest mileage FJRs nose to nose? Does the time-space continuum tear open in an ultraviolet flash and universe dissolve....or maybe the two blink out of existence and replaced by a futuristic BMW with an Unobtanium final drive?

Decidedly under-miled at 91,000 and jealous of the warm Tucson weather,

Ig

Well, mine must be the highest mileage FJR in Montana, with our six-month truncated seasons - '03 with 48K (we only have about a dozen or so in the state, as far as I know)... at least highest in Butte... Okay, I'm sure I've got the highest mileage FJR on the block. There.

Wow, youse guys with your year-round riding do pile up the miles. It's good to know these machines have that kind of durability in them, and we all know they have a pretty good degree of reliability, too (at least the First Gen).

03silverbullet ought to have that odo easily wound up over 200,000 by this time next year.

You guys rock!

That's alot of seat time... :clapping:

...but probably less than legally allowable I'm sure. ;)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

[SIZE=12pt]Happy Birthday tew yew........[/SIZE]

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Steve, I hope you have a great celebration.

Original engines?

More importantly, Happy Birthday Steve.. Dude.. You don't look a day older than Skooter.. :yahoo:

Happy Birthday and what an amazing amount of miles!

I thought I was doing well putting 10-12,000 on a year. Now, splitting time with my Kwack KLR 650, I don't even come close to 10,000. Being out of the country a few months a year cuts it back even further.

I am VERY impressed with your FJR seat time!

Ron

Steve, Happy Birthday,

Scooter, you make a mighty UNDESIRABLE QUEEN

To all, I have had the pleasure to ride Steve's 03 and let me tell you it is incredibly fast and handles like it is running on rails with his suspension setup. The ride absolutely convinced me that without a doubt the 03 vintages have the speed advantage and now the endurance trophy. IMNSHO!!

Thanks everyone and especially thanks to Greg and Jane for putting me up for the night.

Skooter took me for a nice ride to Cave Creek and then up to Bartlett Lake. What a beautiful area with the rock formations and that twisty little road that took us to the lake.

I should of taken some pictures.

i'm sorry. i can't stop staring at that cactus behind skooter's bike.

very impressive.