• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parting out wrecked 2009 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
If you're not sure what the heck happened to put my bike on a trailer in this condition, take a look see here.

I purchased the bike back from the insurance to get the Ohlins YA-707 and fork cartridges off it. I'm going to part it out. If you're interested in the bike history, here's the cliff notes version - purchased new by me in March 2009 with zero miles. Bike was maintained by me following Yamaha service intervals for fluids. Valve check was done at 28k miles in Feb '12, all valves were within spec, no adjustments made. This was a solid performer, it will be missed, for sure.

Here is what is NOT for sale:

YA-707 Ohlins

Fork cartridges & springs (however, I will have a spare set once everything is transfered to the new bike.

Vstrom handguards and bar-ends

Heli-bar top clamp

GPS stem mount

RD mounting plate

Sargent seat (front/rear)

Audiovox components

Wheels

Here are pieces that are trash:

-most of the fairings

-exhaust cans (Mufflers)

-rear subframe

Everything else is subject to inspection. If you are interested in a part, PM me with the part you want to see and an email address to send it to and I'll do my best to get you pictures. The tank was not damaged during the crash. The frame looks good, but we will see how it looks once I get more of the garbage off.

Pending sale of:

Exhaust Header, Fuel Tank, Silver '08 wheel.

I will list items sold here:

black gas tank trim piece, OEM Shock, OEM Seats, Tank Trim, Brake pads, Hardware fasteners (windshield, fairing), Givi Rack, Fork caps/adjusters(top), Spare '08 rear wheel.

Questions? PM or email [email protected] - make sure you put "FJR" in the subject line so my junkmail filter doesn't snag it.

Wayne

2012-10-24182708.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's always more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

I figured it easier to list the 9 things I know I am keeping than to try to list the hundreds, if not thousands of line items that make up a FJR parts list. I mean, look at a schematic - there are hundreds of line items.

Would it not be easier to say what is for sale?!... Just saying

If you're not sure what the heck happened to put my bike on a trailer in this condition, take a look see here.

I purchased the bike back from the insurance to get the Ohlins YA-707 and fork cartridges off it. I'm going to part it out. If you're interested in the bike history, here's the cliff notes version - purchased new by me in March 2009 with zero miles. Bike was maintained by me following Yamaha service intervals for fluids. Valve check was done at 28k miles in Feb '12, all valves were within spec, no adjustments made. This was a solid performer, it will be missed, for sure.

Here is what is NOT for sale:

YA-707 Ohlins

Fork cartridges & springs (however, I will have a spare set once everything is transfered to the new bike.

Vstrom handguards and bar-ends

Heli-bar top clamp

GPS stem mount

RD mounting plate

Sargent seat (front/rear)

Audiovox components

Wheels (keeping for spares, SkooterG is first in line if I need $)

Here are pieces that are trash:

-most of the fairings

-exhaust cans (Mufflers)

-rear subframe

Everything else is subject to inspection. If you are interested in a part, PM me with the part you want to see and an email address to send it to and I'll do my best to get you pictures. The tank was not damaged during the crash. The frame looks good, but we will see how it looks once I get more of the garbage off.

I will list items sold here:

-black gas tank trim piece (10/28/12)

Questions? PM or email [email protected] - make sure you put "FJR" in the subject line so my junkmail filter doesn't snag it.

Wayne

2012-10-24182708.jpg

Thanks for the great feedback.

Many parts ready to come off.

Gas tank, handle bars, windshield bracket / mechanism, airbox, throttle body assembly, etc.

If you see any of these parts on fleabay cracklist, contact me via the forum, I'll try to work a better deal for you.

Great seller. Shipped quickly. Item better than described. Highly recommended. AAA+++

:)

Thanks Wayne!

A bump and update to parts sold.

Parts that are spoken for or sold:

OEM Shock

OEM Seats

Tank Trim

Brake pads

Hardware (windshield, fairing)

Givi Rack

Forks

'08 silver wheel, rear

Gas tank (no damage)

Pending:

headlight assembly

Major components available:

Frame

Engine

Exhaust header

swing arm & rear pumpkin

Regulator

Stator

Dumb question? Front or back wheel?

EDIT: Sorry got a little excited and didn't notice "pending". let me know if falls through.

EDIT Again: I just looked at the picture and saw it's a rear. I should't have gone out so late last night. Sorry.

I just took a picture of it; there is a dent in the cyl #4 pipe; I'm pretty certain that was from a goat trail adventure on or near the Appalachian Trail that Mr. Ashe took me on...

How does $160 + shipping, no O2 sensor. $200 + shipping /w O2 sensor.

I'm not sure what shipping would be on this between weight and size. If you are serious, I will work on pulling it off the bike starting on Tuesday, get it wrapped and packaged and over to the UPS store for a shipping estimate.

Thanks,

Wayne

What is the header worth to you?
IMG_0169.jpg

Why is the rear wheel different color than the front? what condition is the rear wheel?

Edit: Disreguard, won't fit

yup, throws you doesn't it? That was my spare '08 wheel that was on the bike at the time. I have 2 members interested in the '08 wheel, I can add you to the list. I plan to keep the black '09 wheels as spares for the new bike at this point.

Why is the rear wheel different color than the front? what condition is the rear wheel?

yup, throws you doesn't it? That was my spare '08 wheel that was on the bike at the time. I have 2 members interested in the '08 wheel, I can add you to the list. I plan to keep the black '09 wheels as spares for the new bike at this point.

It won't fit my 06, the ABS sensor is different.

I'll have that muffler bearing freed up as soon as I find a cat puller for it.

You're going to have to take the right side one and put it in backwards and upside down because the left one was contaminated with rotella.

paypal to "[email protected]" is fine.

Just use a zip tie for the windshield screw, the OEM ones are crap anyways - can't even hold up in traffic...

smile.gif

I need a windshield screw and the left side muffler bearing.