• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Alert: Smoking Deal on Yamaha Touring Trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some early top cases had problems with cracking and were recalled. Any idea if this one is reinforced?

If the trunk doesn't have the metal reinforcement kit already installed (and it probably does) there is a tech bulletin for base plate kits M07-013. Yamaha USA or the dealer can tell you if it will be provided to you for your bike.

I have the spare lock keyed for my bike. Figured I'd never find it but there it was with my purchase info...
smile.png

A friend and infrequent forum member bought one of these when I sent him the link. What mounting rack is recommended, or does anyone have the OEM part number handy?

So the trunk arrived yesterday--fast, free shipping from Iron Pony. Trunk is definitely brand new and in the OEM accessory original box. From the looks of the rubber bumpers and rear soft rubber strip, I don't think it was manufactured to awfully long ago. I found my extra lock from when I picked up the bike, installed it. Now I just need to order the attachment plate and I'll be ready to go. $199.00 to my door, I'm a happy camper! Oh yeah--they threw in a free t-shirt as well....

Last edited by a moderator:
The Granite Gray should look fine on my black bike. It's a pretty neutral color, and quite dark. I think it will look good on your GENIII too, Sir Richard.....

Damn--is there anything better than the UPS man dropping off a big box of motorcycle stuff?
smile.png

Here it is:

TouringTrunk1_zpsff3ee8cf.jpg

TouringTrunk2_zps2ba452c1.jpg

TouringTrunk3_zpsb47b3635.jpg

All these posts, and none bitching about the Mama Yama box, and how a GIVI rules all? I'm disappointed...
rolleyes.gif

Is this trunk easily removable??
I don't have it mounted yet, but I can see that the setup is like the side-cases. The outer handle swings shut to engage the latch on the bottom of the box to connect it to the bike, then, if you swing it open it releases it from the bike. I'm assuming it's as easy as removing the side case.