Aerostich Seattle Experience! May 16 - 20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
pop-up_seattle_graphic.jpg

• ALL AEROSTICH GEAR AND EQUIPMENT — Roadcrafter, RoadcrafterLight, Transit, AD1, AD1 Light, Darien, DarienLight, Roadcrafter City (new!), Roadcrafter Tactical (new!) and much more...
  • FITTING & ALTERATION MEASUREMENTS — with Aerostich factory sizing experts.
More info:

Call: 800 222 1994

Email: [email protected]

716 N 34th St

(Fremont neighborhood)

Seattle, WA 98103

Is this a new store with a Grand Opening special? If they carry everything in the catalog it would be a very cool place to shop. I notice there's no quote for what percentage markdown they're offering. But at least they don't use the common bullshit advertising claim of "up to XX percent off."

I think it is a traveling pop-up display/booth.
Exactly. I got curious and called the toll-free number. Five-day rental of an empty space, they bring in gear only--jackets, suits, etc., maybe some gloves and boots but that's it. No cool little odds and ends. No discounts, though if you order there they'll toss in free shipping. Guess the only advantage is somebody will fit you for what you try. Guess it wasn't as good as it started to sound.

I won't be riding to Seattle on May 16 after all.
rolleyes.gif

Getting fitted for quality gear is worth a lot, and Aerostich will make gear to you size & specs.

I know I rode to Duluth for mine and the sizes I got where not the sizes I would have guessed on a mail order.

Is this a new store with a Grand Opening special? If they carry everything in the catalog it would be a very cool place to shop. I notice there's no quote for what percentage markdown they're offering. But at least they don't use the common bullshit advertising claim of "up to XX percent off."
It's a "pop-up" store that lasts only for a few days. Last one was in San Fran a few weeks ago. Hoping they end up in the Southeast at some point.

Funny thing. I usually encourage people to ride to Duluth and check out the store. Very humble and un assuming place full of very nice people willing to help with some of the best gear out there. And there is a 10% discount on everything at the store. If they don't have it and need to ship it to you there is still a 10% discount. And hey! They will buy you something to drink out of the vending machines if you ask. However,

Recently a friend dropped in there on a trip up north. He said the store was nearly empty. Turns out they had taken most of the display stock to San Fran for the pop up store. I guess there is more headed for Seattle now...Have fun you N'Westers!

Still think it is worth riding there. Take a trip up the shore to the border and back when you are there.

Think I will putt over thurs. for a looksee, and some measurements. Accurate measurements would be a prerequisite for any future mail order clothing type stuff, not bad info. to have in the file.

Think I will putt over thurs. for a looksee, and some measurements. Accurate measurements would be a prerequisite for any future mail order clothing type stuff, not bad info. to have in the file.
What time you thinking of getting there?

I'm after a Motofizz bag, but it costs nearly as much to post it off to Australia than the actual bag, bugger.

Can get 2 complete sets of tyres shipped to Australia for half the cost, sigh.

I'll be popping by the store today after work. It'll probably be a mad house, but worth a look.

Getting fitted for/ordering some Darien gear. Need to get the Roadcrafter setup for resale soon too.

If you are going, research the location, Fremont is the land of one way streets and busy traffic, along with sparse parking. Address is 716 N 34th street.Staff was outstanding and knowledgeable. If you order within 30 days of the event (tell them you were there)shipping is free and no sales tax. Marcus was looking spiffy in a grey stitch but no decision yet.Trying on is an excellent way to fit yourself and avoid mail order size mixups. I have my sizes now, so less stress if I decide to order clothing at any time. Worth a peek.

I'm planning on a visit on Sunday.

Might have to hit Voula's Offshore Cafe for breakfast. hhmm....

Last edited by a moderator: