Heli Bars Handlebar Bridge for 2013 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
I,ve had Helibar Risers on my 05 and 08 and was very happy. Went to get them for my ordered 2013 and was told the product I now need is their "Handlebar Bridge"

Does anyone have these yet? If so, what do you think?

I am very curious to hear how the "Helibars Handlebar Bridge" work out.

Yesterday, I checked the Helibar website for installation instructions... none posted.

I called Helibar. They expect to have some instructions on the website today (not there yet).

My biggest concern is how much cable/brake line/clutch line slack will remain with the bridge installed.

Info from their website: That you must install the hydraulic line extension to lengthen the brake line..kit included...

It doesn't sounds very good to replace the hydraulic line...

I just put an MV riser on mine and this concept is very similar. I wish they had more pics on their site to show all 3 adjustment positions. I also do not know how they can have up to a 3" pullback with only changing out the brake hose. Most of my other hoses/cables are pretty tight with the MV which has a 1.5" pullback.

https://www.helibars...013-us-european

Links are our friends!
smile.png

For whatever its worth, I,ve installed Helibars on my 05, my 08 and have just ordered the new bridge for my 13 My experience is that this company is rock solid so I,m not expecting any issues regarding changing any lines. Their products have worked perfectly for me

The installation instructions for the "2006-2013 Helibars Handlebar Bridge" are now posted ontheir website.

www.helibars.com/product/yamaha-fjr1300-handlebar-bridge-2006-2013-us-european
Too much work for the installation...!
ohmy.png
A LOT more work for that extra inch of pullback over the MV. And if you want to reverse it, beside all the work, you have to buy a new wire loom bracket too!
Hell Yeah, too much work! Instructions Manual is 16 pages long! Who the Eff expects anyone to read 16 pages of ANYTHING!

Latest posts