• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: windshields for Gen II FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin98208

Reaction score
I have tried several windshields and am selling off the ones that didn't work for me. The price includes shipping. I do paypal. All three I bought from other forum members, and all three are in new condition. All are clear. This is a great way to try out windshields. If it doesn't work for you, resell at the same price and all you lose is shipping costs.

Cal Sci XL (Tried it once) $125

Cal Sci Shorty (Tried it twice) $110

Laminar Lip (never opened) $55

Well--looks like you did real well here on the forum. Unfortunately, you left one member (me) thinking you're a douche bag. At 9:14 am, you post that you have a laminar lip ("never opened") for $55.00. I'm just getting ready to order one, so great deal, I think. Also thinking you have a fair price (they're $84 new plus shipping), I PM you at 9:42 am, and offer you your asking price, and tell you I'm ready to Paypal the money to you.

At 10:15 pm, you pm me "I sold it on FJR Owners.com".

Here's a little unsolicited advice. What you made is an offer. What I did was accept the offer, not give you a counter-offer for some lower price. We had a deal, or contract at that point. Legally, I could go ahead and buy the laminar lip and sue you for the $29 plus shipping difference, but of course I won't. I'll settle for a little online forum shaming instead.

I'm glad your "shotgun approach" got your items sold. I've bought and sold many items on this forum without a hitch. Sooner or later I guess someone was bound to do something that would chap my ass, and you, sir, are that someone.

Have a nice day https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gifhttps://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gifhttps://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

Listing items on multiple forums is a common way to sell stuff. Who's to say he didn't get a PM from someone over there at 9:20am? Technically that guy was first and it got sold over there. To me that sounds like pretty prompt communication. I've had plenty of stuff I've asked to buy and never heard back from the seller. This seems like a good seller to me and I see nothing wrong done here.

Listing items on multiple forums is a common way to sell stuff. Who's to say he didn't get a PM from someone over there at 9:20am? Technically that guy was first and it got sold over there. To me that sounds like pretty prompt communication. I've had plenty of stuff I've asked to buy and never heard back from the seller. This seems like a good seller to me and I see nothing wrong done here.
From what I see on the other forum, someone PM'd him on the item at 12:49 pm. I pm'd him at 9:14 am. The message I got was at 10:15pm, over 12 hours later saying it was sold.

So whay if he decided not to sell it at all? Would you then take him to court to force a sell? I don't think that you would get very far with that. A deal is is locked in when the money HAS changed hands, not promised. Order your lip and move on!

All I see is two people said they PM'd him. Might have been a third or fourth that also sent PM's without posting in the thread. I dunno, I just usually like to give folks the benefit of the doubt before publicly blasting them. That said, I've had purchases for good deals swiped from under me and it sucks, but ya gotta move on.

Well--looks like you did real well here on the forum. Unfortunately, you left one member (me) thinking you're a douche bag. At 9:14 am, you post that you have a laminar lip ("never opened") for $55.00. I'm just getting ready to order one, so great deal, I think. Also thinking you have a fair price (they're $84 new plus shipping), I PM you at 9:42 am, and offer you your asking price, and tell you I'm ready to Paypal the money to you.
At 10:15 pm, you pm me "I sold it on FJR Owners.com".

Here's a little unsolicited advice. What you made is an offer. What I did was accept the offer, not give you a counter-offer for some lower price. We had a deal, or contract at that point. Legally, I could go ahead and buy the laminar lip and sue you for the $29 plus shipping difference, but of course I won't. I'll settle for a little online forum shaming instead.

I'm glad your "shotgun approach" got your items sold. I've bought and sold many items on this forum without a hitch. Sooner or later I guess someone was bound to do something that would chap my ass, and you, sir, are that someone.

Have a nice day https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gifhttps://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gifhttps://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif
Um, wow. Not really sure what to say to you. Sorry? Both forums have been very good to me, and bought the windshields from members of both forums. I sold all three in a day, so from a seller's perspective, what I did worked out great.

I posted in the morning, and a few hours later I sat down and opened the first forum that was bookmarked, which happened to be FJR Owners. I replied to the offers there. Then I opened this one (which was second in the bookmarks) and replied to the offers here. That evening, I sat down again to check PM's for the remaining windshields. I made sure to PM you it was sold, so you wouldn't sit around waiting for a week to hear back. I guess I could have just ignored you and left you wondering for a week. Would that have been better? I have been left waiting in limbo for three weeks before, just to find out that the person decided to keep the item. Did I whine and complain? Nope. Life rolls on.

As for shaming? Um, ok. I bought three windshields for a fair price. I tried two of them (I ended up buying a Rifle, I never tried out the Lip) then resold them for the same price I paid for them. I ate about $25 in shipping to test some windshields. Now I pass on the screens so someone else can try them and see if they work for them. If they don't, they can resell them. Shamed? Not at all.

Also, keep in mind that the posting times are relevant to your specific time zone. My computer shows that I posted the ad at 0814, and that I received a response back on FJROwners at 0949. Yours shows that I posted the ad at 0914, and received the response at 1249. (I don't know how it correlates the time frames, and to be honest, I don't really care.)

Now go buy a Lip, install it, and ride. Now that we have both had our say, I hope this can be done and over with.

(I am not even going to touch the whole "offer" and "suing" comment. That almost made me fall out of my chair laughing.)

Last edited by a moderator:
In hindsight and after reflection, I admit I have overreacted and acted like a complete asshole. Not usually my nature... I should have just sent you a more reasonable PM, but I must be PMS'ing or something... I do apologize. Ride safe and good luck on your windshield search.

Do you happen to have a stock Yamaha shield left over? I'm looking for the size smaller than what came on my bike....

Randy

FJokeR07

Do you happen to have a stock Yamaha shield left over? I'm looking for the size smaller than what came on my bike....
Randy

FJokeR07
I do. It's been hanging in my shop since '08. I'll pull it down, clean it up and let you know what kind of shape it's in. Guaranteed to fit since it's the OEM from my '07
coolsmiley02.gif