Redheads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen_C

Reaction score
Got my new 2014 ES yesterday! Vehicle ID #15. I'll post pics and riding impression over the next few days. Christmas came early this year!

First impression riding home in 27 degree temps is wind protection is really good. I did not use heated gear but my torso, arms and legs were comfortable. My hands were cozy in winter gloves with the grips set on high, when I decrease to medium my fingers got a little cold. Coming from an '08 AE, having to use the manual clutch lever and shift with my left foot took a moment to get used to again! Tranny is smooth and the difference between Sport and Touring modes is obvious - slower and smoother starts in T vs quick throttle response in S. The LCD menu is easy to navigate, cruise and suspension settings are easy to set.

Since taking this pic yesterday, the Yamaha sticker on the front fender is off as well as the warning sticker on the gas tank and my Two Bros exhausts makes this beast sound like one now!

Here is a pic of two of my three redheads:

kgzo.jpg

Congrats on the '14ES and early Christmas!

Lots of folks are interested in first impressions on the electronic suspension. Keep us in the loop as you get a few miles on the new scoot!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Still waiting to see the third redhead.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I am waiting word on mine. I was hoping to get vehicle number 007 from D&H (they do have an ealier AE that's a 007). Keep sending us impressions.

Beautiful redhead! So jealous you can ride right now, even if it is cold... I'm wrapping myself up to snowblow for an hour. :p Keep up the riding and watch for black ice, otherwise enjoy the heck out of your early Christmas present!
bike.gif

The third is my wife! I wouldn't trade her for a Ferrari.

I plan to ride tomorrow...in the warm temperature of 43 degrees. I got my wiring for my heated gear dome last night.

Updates about suspension and general feel forthcoming.

...that's really good to hear! Not many married guys would say that, and I'm assuming she didn't MAKE you say it.
angel.gif

Looking for one of those myself one of these days, but willing to wait until there's one I can't live without. Kinda like my FJR, only a little more important! LOL

Oh yeah, keep it on topic... Ahem. Yep, can't wait to hear about the suspension and how it feels!
not_i.gif

...that's really good to hear! Not many married guys would say that, and I'm assuming she didn't MAKE you say it.
angel.gif

Looking for one of those myself one of these days, but willing to wait until there's one I can't live without. Kinda like my FJR, only a little more important! LOL

Oh yeah, keep it on topic... Ahem. Yep, can't wait to hear about the suspension and how it feels!
not_i.gif
LOL, I'm newly remarried! Still having fun and enjoying time together - she enjoys riding and actually has her own bike too, a Ninja 500.

Now I have the right bike for us to take weekend jaunts comfortably (and quickly...she likes going fast!)

The new does eventually wear off of everything. Just sayin'.

Of course my jealousy causes meanness and harsh words.

Enjoy your "redheads".

HmmmI posted a picture of a pretty redhead right after the original post. I was the first to respond...And then it disappeared. Weird right??

Oh...congrats in the new bike. Maybe with that addition what I post will get to stick around .