what givi top case to get

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmans3

Reaction score
What givi top case to get? I have an 08 in black. I had a 46L in matt black that I let go with another bike. I thinking that 47L with the smoke lens/reflector and aluminum top cover would look good. Any buddy have or seen the new top cases?

I have a stocker that came with the bike. I'd get the givi e55 if I had to hunt a new one down.

I just installed the V47 on my '14 ES. The styling goes well with the FJRs lines. Doesn't look like a UFO landed on your tail rack. Google fjr givi v47 and look under images to see a few pics of different years. Nice quality and much bigger than the factory box. I added the Givi brake light kit and they are nice and bright.

My only complaint is the very vague directions for installation.

I have the Givi E52 - purchased specifically for the add on light kit option that Admore offers.
Ditto... I shopped the E55 but went with the E52 based on the AdMore LED kit. It's that good.

I love the E52 on my '06, the space is perfect for what I need and it holds my XL Shoei Qwest plus random other stuff packed around it. I can even get 3 plastic bags of groceries in there if I take the bike shopping. Highly recommended!

E55 Tech with AdMore kit here. I don't keep it on the bike, use it only for longer trips so figured the most room would be best. If my intention was to keep it on the bike, I prolly would have went with the V47 Tech. Sharp looking case and little more compact.

The new V47 case mounted on the Givi SR357 rack is a great combo and it looks perfect on the FJR ... It is not giant looking and has a nice higher tech look to it ... Less saucer looking than the V46 ....

If you search V47 over on the "other" forum, there is a user CHIA that put one on and provided a lot of nice pictures.

And I will vigorously agree with STC10 that the directions are a bit vague... And he is being nice ... The instructions are harder to interpret than pyramid cave drawings ... And let me also say that the instructions for the case are wonderful compared to the light kit instructions ... The light kit documentation is a joke....

If you decide to install a light kit, feel free to PM me for the REAL STORY ... I especially like the part depicting a hammer pounding out an insert that is virtually impossible to remove ... But I got through it ... Aided by time and beer ...

I had the E52 before the FJR and thought of getting the E55, I like the style of the E55 but like the light options on the E52 with Admore lights.

I have the E52 Maxia (bought from a forum member several years ago) installed on the SR357 grab bar, and I added the Admore light kit last year. Love the additional lighting. I almost always leave it on the bike, even when not two-up. That's mostly because I'm too lazy to take it off and put it somewhere so it won't get scratched or kicked...

If I never rode two-up, I might have gone for a top case that was a bit smaller, but with two of us, this gives us a perfect place to store our clothing layers on long trips.

If I never rode two-up, I might have gone for a top case that was a bit smaller, but with two of us, this gives us a perfect place to store our clothing layers on long trips.
I think this. I never ride two-up. And I always remove the trunk when not traveling. So for me the OEM topbox and a Nelson Rigg bag on the passenger seat works just fine. Lighter stuff in the trunk (raingear, 1/2 cover, etc.), heavier on the seat. The bag helps alot to eliminate the parachute effect of the box and this setup provides more than enough space for bringing home a few souvenirs.

To each his own, eh?

DSCN3478_zpsa6ebe54c.jpg

The 55 is BIG... I like all the room but it's a monster and I do feel like I get some high speed vibes/wobble with my yamaha touring shield all the way up. I'm thinking of picking up a 47 as that is probably sufficient.

Thanks guys for the great input. I probably not going to need the 55,since the wife's not riding any more. I think the v47 looks like it should be big enough. I like the styling of the case, it fits the fjs lines. Would like to see one before I buy one. May be a trip to revzilla. The lighting on these cases is neat.

Honestly, the lighting is one of the biggest reasons I pushed hard to replace the factory case my bike came with. If the case you buy is compatible with Admore lights, I highly recommend them. The connectors are higher-quality, lights are brighter and there's more lights per square inch than any of the Givi offerings. Happy shopping and I know what ever you get will match your bike well! ;)

I have just installed the E55 Maxia on my Bike I used a hammer and punch to knock out the plug for the lighting kit , it came out easy enough

V46 box with color-match panel (for '07) and brake light kit on a 357 mount. Looks good; better than the larger Givi boxes. There are times when it might be nice to have a little more volume but that would just mean I would carry more (unnecessary) junk.

V47 for me. I agree with all the comments above about the aesthetics. When I got mine Admore didn't have their light kit ready for it yet so I just made my own with parts from Princess Auto. I highly recommend paying the extra $ for the Givi remote control latch kit. It is pricey and a bit of a PITA to install, but it's great being able to "pop the trunk" with the press of a button even with the keys in the ignition.

FWIW I'm commuting on the Feej this week (due to my cage crapping out) and I'm able to carry my suit and shoes in a garment bag in the V47 (with sort of a tri-fold technique) and after I'm dressed at the office nobody can tell the suit was in a bike case.

Honestly, the lighting is one of the biggest reasons I pushed hard to replace the factory case my bike came with. If the case you buy is compatible with Admore lights, I highly recommend them. The connectors are higher-quality, lights are brighter and there's more lights per square inch than any of the Givi offerings. Happy shopping and I know what ever you get will match your bike well!
wink.png
The AdMore kits are great. Even if you have aux. tail lighting to complement the OEM already, the box with light kit adds a tremendous amount of extra visibility. Watching some videos of the lights in action sold me easy! The kits aren't too hard to install if you're somewhat handy.