Confirm size of bolt pictured please?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
I believe the bolt the arrow is pointed to is a 6 MM width bolt (thread pitch is
not-important).

Can some please confirm it IS a 6MM bolt or is it a 5 MM bolt?

(Left side ES model)

Thanks ahead of time..

I just needed the width in MM's, thanks Fred..
But won't that lesson be helpful the next time you need to identify a bolt?

You're a scholar and a gentleman Fred.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is...

When I and another member were designing the left side ES helmet lock bracket (back in 2014), the mounting hole, per his suggestion was smaller than for a 6mm bolt.

I wanted to tighten up the spec's IF is was a 5mm. Anyone that bought a left side ES lock bracket some were correctly sized and some holes slightly too small. Folks must have opened that hole up a hair but no one said anything. I have yet to actually see an ES model in person..

Now that I know the exact size, I can make sure the correct sized hole will be drilled in existing brackets..

Yes it is...
When I and another member were designing the left side ES helmet lock bracket (back in 2014), the mounting hole, per his suggestion was smaller than for a 6mm bolt.

I wanted to tighten up the spec's IF is was a 5mm. Anyone that bought a left side ES lock bracket some were correctly sized and some holes slightly too small. Folks must have opened that hole up a hair but no one said anything. I have yet to actually see an ES model in person..

Now that I know the exact size, I can make sure the correct sized hole will be drilled in existing brackets..

Scott,

Just want to thank you again for helping me with the helmet lock bracket. For those who are not familiar, we went back and forth trying to find a way to put the bracket on the left side on the ES. I had one of your brackets I had used on my 07. After further thought, I decided to put the lock on the right side. You let me swap the left side bracket for a right side and it has been working great. I believe the right side is preferable as the heat shield protects the helmet. Just a suggestion!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is...

Scott,

Just want to thank you again for helping me with the helmet lock bracket. For those who are not familiar, we went back and forth trying to find a way to put the bracket on the left side on the ES. I had one of your brackets I had used on my 07. After further thought, I decided to put the lock on the right side. You let me swap the left side bracket for a right side and it has been working great. I believe the right side is preferable as the heat shield protects the helmet. Just a suggestion!!
Honestly Art, I forgot who it was (been awhile) but W/O your help (heck, you designed 90% of it).

there wouldn't be a left side ES bracket at all.

It was a PIA only because I didn't have a bike in front of me and the back and forth prototypes thru the mail.

Anyone with an ES, left side bracket, you can thank Art as it would NOT exist without his persistence.

BTW, the ES brackets are one of my most popular brackets (thank you Art!!) Just mailed one to Canada too!

Arts bike actually(and a cheap sales plug!):

Same bracket with Powerlet plug tab: