'08 News

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR_pig

Bud Light Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
I was told in July by my dealer that there was to be a Yamaha dealers' meeting in August, at which time, the specs and color on the '08 FJR would likely be unveiled. I hate to think someone around here has the info and isn't sharing, but I still gotta ask...anyone heard anything yet? I'm pretty certain it was September '06 that we heard about the purple FJRs. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on Yamaha's site, it said 08 will be made public Sept. 10th. Smitty

RED, RED, RED, RED, RED..........role...........................(those are the dice I am rolling and chanting under my breathe)

Maybe the new Connie will cause Yamaha to put some lead in their pencil for the new 08's. :D PM. <><

I don't care about the color. Just give me enough reason to upgrade.
You best be putting down a deposit on that Connie, then. ;)
Not necessarily. I was excited about the Connie initially, but, after seeing it and hearing about it, I'm not that excited about it. I'm getting bored with the '04 and am looking for a reason to upgrade. The 06-07 just didn't get me real excited.

The 08 is black, has cruise control, and an adjustable pillion seat.
You forgot about the heated grips, heated seats, GPS, 840-watt alternator, remote preload adjuster, single-sided swingarm, coil-on-plug ignition, dual butterflies, and no altitude sickness. Oh, and same price < ha ha>. Later.

JC