pirrelli stada's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a set of non-oem spec set on my bike right now. 2500 miles of mainly slabbing it and there is very little wear. About 1800 miles of this was done during a trip to northern California a few weeks ago.

Your probably going to get alot of varied responses out of this thread because so much of tire wear depends on your riding style. If you have a heavy right and and like to get to your cruising speed quickly, then your going to burn through that rear pretty darn quick. If your a heavy brake user (or carry alot of gear, or brake hard often) then your front is going to suffer more.

Basically this is going to be a HUGE YMMV.

1700 miles of assertive slabbing and mine look like new. I like the feel of these tires so far. Haven't been wet yet, but they seem to hang on the road real nice.

No walk, wobble or shake. NICE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 11,000 miles out of a rear Strada. Now granted, I have a gentle throttle hand compared to most of the "FJ" rockets out there. ;)

--G

I had just put a set on mine when I met vectervp1 on a NorCal ride (he was on his way home from getting his Russell seat). They do like the rear shock set a bit more stiff--I increased my Wilbers 2 clicks. I'd compare them to the Michelins Pilot Roads/Avons for grip: For my riding style! Like "vp" mentioned, I tend to be a little "wrist control challenged" getting 8500 miles from my P.R.s just before reaching the wear bars (Yes, I change mine to early, according to some).

You might PM or email BikeEffects if he doesn't post here. He's been running a pair since last year so he could give you some mileage feedback.

I have about 2300 Miles on mine now, and absolutely happy with the strada's handling and grip. Came back today from a 600 mile 2 day, 2-up ride and extremely happy with the ride overall. Over time and more miles will tell, if they will hold up on track days and the scheduled 2500 mile ride in a couple months. Over all, thumbs up.

I just put the Pirelli's on (front and rear) late last week. I have about 400 miles on them and so far I'm very happy. The front end wobble that I had with Avon, Dunlop, Metz, and 'Stones is nearly gone w/ the P's. Not ENTIRELY gone, but much, much better.

I have had the Diablo Strada's on for 9500 miles ,, every day riding through the winter (just off 3 weeks when the roads were covered in ice) riding in all types of conditions ,, wet ,, sleet,, some snow ,, commuting to VTech once a week on the slab and weekends out on the twistys (BRP,58,8,220,221,133,421) ,, I have found them to be very durable ,, I am about to put a new set on ,, they gave me twice what the OEM Bstone Battleaxe's gave me ,, I could just pass inspection on these ,,

Hey, BTW, I was referring to the "E" model Strada in the post above. On the standard Strada, I only got about 5500 miles on the rear.

Were you guys referring to the standard Strada or the "E" Strada???

Were you guys referring to the standard Strada or the "E" Strada???
My "E" is wearing nicely, sitting in a garage two states away, awaiting my mid-May excursion to mount it up and ride back with a couple of new friends. When I said "mount it up", I was referring to the tire. And the new friends are not bungie buddies. Oh you people!

Rear-8500

Front-8500 and still counting.

I have purchased a new front, but haven't installed it yet.

I like the tires.

The free tire deal is gone, no free front tires left.

Mark

Hav about 3000 miles on a new set of PDS's. They are a great tire and held up very well all last week for running the Dragon many many times, as well as 13 or 14 runs down a 1/8 mile dragstrip. Rode thru monsoon rains during the trip and am very satisified with the road holding and ride of the Pirelli's. Next set will be the same. Looks like 3-4k more miles remaining on them.

I've got about 1,300 miles on my stradas. (Non 'E') They handle every bit as good as the Avons and Michelin Pilots I've run. It will be interesting to see how long they last for me. I'll try the 'E' rear after this one is toast.

GP

Couple Questions: What's the best source online to buy the Strada's? I'm debating between these and Avon's.

GA Cycle Rider: Do you have a good source for tires and balancing in Metro Atlanta?

Thanks,

-jwilly

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMINS please make this another NEPRT (Never Ending Pointless Re-ocurring Thread)

I had a set this winter that lasted 4000 miles. Same as the OEM Metzlers that many say will eventually kill all of us due to some common failure.

4K is all I will ever get, on any tire, because of a right wrist control issue, total disreguard for speed laws and lack of personal saftey issues.

Tires are friggin tires. You put them on and you ride.

BUT, Check the air EVERY time you ride.

Some of my riding buddies here have gone from Metz Z6 to Stradas ("E" on the rear wheel) and they're happy. A somewhat sportier tire than the Metz but relatively durable, with an average of almost 6,000 miles.

Bear in mind conditions here are different. You can (still) hit triple digit speeds on a freeway and mountain passes are everywhere. I would not be surprised if your Stradas were to last longer than this.

Stef

ADMINS please make this another NEPRT (Never Ending Pointless Re-ocurring Thread)
I disagree. The "E" model tire is NEW and I think tracking how it performs and holds up is not pointless.

I seem to get around 5000 miles out of a rear - 2 sets of BT020, 1 Avon ST and now Diablo Strada. Just mounted the set and they feel fine. Posted elsewhere that the slight wobble in front at low speed no longer there.

With the merger of metz and Pirelli, this is a first combo research tire from both camps.

We will see how they do.

Went for the free front when you buy the rear deal. Good way to get someone to try the tires.

Some say the 160 x 17 Metz 880 lasts the longest. Probably does but that means less grip. No one yet seems to have made a grippy long wearing tire.