LeoVince SBK Slip-on

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3000psi

Reaction score
I just added a pair of LeoVince Carbon slip-ons to my 07 FJR and I am really enjoying the new sound. My sense of it is that many (maybe most) enjoy the "stealth" qualities of the FJR but I wanted to mention something that I had not seen emphasized for those of you that may be on the fence about buying these slip-ons.

On my first test ride after putting them on, I honestly had a hard time telling the difference between stock and LeoVince. If someone had put them on and I had hopped on the bike without looking I may not have even known the difference. Side by side there is a definitely a change in pitch/tone but it is not dramatic. And to my ears the dB level is pretty close to stock.

Then I took out the "reducers" - a small metal tube held in by one screw. There it is - the sound I was looking for. Big difference - much more of that sport sound and of course how good it sounds will be in the ears of the beholder.

So you can easily switch between sport and stealth by just removing/inserting the reducer with one screw.

Not a sermon... just a thought.

SS

I just added a pair of LeoVince Carbon slip-ons to my 07 FJR and I am really enjoying the new sound. My sense of it is that many (maybe most) enjoy the "stealth" qualities of the FJR but I wanted to mention something that I had not seen emphasized for those of you that may be on the fence about buying these slip-ons.
On my first test ride after putting them on, I honestly had a hard time telling the difference between stock and LeoVince. If someone had put them on and I had hopped on the bike without looking I may not have even known the difference. Side by side there is a definitely a change in pitch/tone but it is not dramatic. And to my ears the dB level is pretty close to stock.

Then I took out the "reducers" - a small metal tube held in by one screw. There it is - the sound I was looking for. Big difference - much more of that sport sound and of course how good it sounds will be in the ears of the beholder.

So you can easily switch between sport and stealth by just removing/inserting the reducer with one screw.

SS
+1 on Leo Vince, I also have the carbon and I love the deep throaty sound, and I love the option on puting the insert in for a stalthy / stock sound, and the best part, they look good...

SS
+1 on Leo Vince, I also have the carbon and I love the deep throaty sound, and I love the option on puting the insert in for a stalthy / stock sound, and the best part, they look good...
needpics.gif

Looked at Leo Vince and Two Brothers, Thanks for the info on your LV, anyone have any experience with Two Brothers, interested in a set for my 08, not sure weather to get CF or TI, also how is the sound with or without the silencers???

Looked at Leo Vince and Two Brothers, Thanks for the info on your LV, anyone have any experience with Two Brothers, interested in a set for my 08, not sure weather to get CF or TI, also how is the sound with or without the silencers???
The Two Brothers don't have the option for the inserts, I can't figure out how to insert pictures in threads yet, you can send me your e-mail and I can pictures to you., I like the sound of Leo Vince,w/o the inserts, with inserts is really close to stock, I have had Two Brother on my previous bike, Honda ST1100 and they are a louder

The Two Brothers don't have the option for the inserts, I can't figure out how to insert pictures in threads yet, you can send me your e-mail and I can pictures to you., I like the sound of Leo Vince,w/o the inserts, with inserts is really close to stock, I have had Two Brother on my previous bike, Honda ST1100 and they are a louder

Two Brothers has a piece they call a racing tip and claim that it reduces Db levels significantly, apparently it bolts behind the end cap, I can purchase TB carbon fiber M5 cans through sportbikeneeds.com for $700.00 and shipped for free. What was the price for the LV?????

Two Brothers has a piece they call a racing tip and claim that it reduces Db levels significantly, apparently it bolts behind the end cap, I can purchase TB carbon fiber M5 cans through sportbikeneeds.com for $700.00 and shipped for free. What was the price for the LV?????

bikeeffects.com is a featured vendor here and gives a 10% discount for frjforum members - that is where I (my wife bought them for me) got them. If you go to the site you can see the pricing. I saw one site that gave a 15% discount off list but Jeff at bikeeffects gives great service.

SS