Remus Exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone on the forum here have the Remus Exhaust on their FJR? If so, what type, Pics on the bike (please), your impressions, ect, ect... I am considering a set of these (Remus Revolution Polished or Carbon Fiber) and wondered if anyone had them.

Thanks all,

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Does anyone on the forum here have the Remus Exhaust on their FJR? If so, what type, Pics on the bike (please), your impressions, ect, ect... I am considering a set of these (Remus Revolution Carbon Fiber) and wondered if anyone had them.

Thanks all,

WW
I had the Grand Prix pipes on my VFR and absolutly LOVED them!!!!!!! They are what is going on the FJR when I can afford it.

Thanks for the link Silent,

Hey Jaycen it is good to hear positive reviews. Now just to decide on the Polished or Carbon fiber for my 07 Black Cherry..........

WW

Thanks for the link Silent,
Hey Jaycen it is good to hear positive reviews. Now just to decide on the Polished or Carbon fiber for my 07 Black Cherry..........

WW
I was sold on the CF ones on my blue 05, but after seeing the polished ones on the linky that Silent posted I'm having a hard time deciding too.......

Well, well, well,

I have decided on these Remus Polished Revolution Series...

I like the look a little better on these ones...

I may even peel the Remus sticker off um (maybe..maybe not)...

RevolutionGenesisalu2.jpg

Now I just gotta save me pennies....

WW

Jaycen,

Very sweet looking VFR. How does the FJR compare to the VFR.. I would guess the FJR has more power and comfort.... Just wondering what your thoughts were.

WW

Jaycen,
Very sweet looking VFR. How does the FJR compare to the VFR.. I would guess the FJR has more power and comfort.... Just wondering what your thoughts were.

WW
I'd say the FJR pretty much destroys the VFR in almost every category....expect looks and sound. I think the VFR is one of the prettiest bike ever produced. With the nicest exhaust note. I love the line and angles of the bike. However even with the heli bars and corbin seat, I couldn't sit on it for more than 200 miles and I was junk the next day. I have a pretty poor back and messed up a knee when I was 30, so its all about me getting comfortable. I actually almost stopped riding, then the sales manger at the local yamaha deal bought himself a 04 FJR. He actually let me take his personal bike for a ride. by the end of the parking lot i knew the FJR was for me. He wans't able to get me an FJR, but was able to locate one 150 miles away. Here are the 2 side by side when I traded the VFR in for the FJR.

Picture077.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture078.jpg

First, a disclaimer. The importer, MaxMoto, is a friend of mine - his main tech and I used to work together and that is how I met Knut (the owner of MaxMoto). Knut is a cool guy (moved here from Austria at age 18) and he runs a great little company. The product is beautiful and the service is great.

So, they attend a bunch of rallies and races (Moto GP next week) and bring tons of exhausts. The BMW MOA rally ended yesterday only 400 miles from my house so I zipped over to see my friends and hang out. Of course, I couldn't resist putting a set of Revolution cans on my 2005. Not really any lighter, and not really loud - but a little throaty. I didn't drill the baffle out yet but I will try it (you can put the baffle back in with a screw hidden from view to hold it in place - it all comes with the pipes.

At these events that MaxMoto attends, they offer a 10% discount, install the pipes for free, and ship your old pipes home to you - instant gratification. So, I have asked the organizers of WFO if I can bring some Remus pipes for sale to forum members. I said I would provide the free installation labor and Remus said they will ship the pipes to/from, and offer the 10% discount (and no sales tax).

If this doesn't work out, maybe I can put together something for folks that are interested. First, after unpacking and going to work tomorrow, I'll take some photos and try make a recording of the pipes sans baffles.

Thanks,

Jed

First, a disclaimer. The importer, MaxMoto, is a friend of mine - his main tech and I used to work together and that is how I met Knut (the owner of MaxMoto). Knut is a cool guy (moved here from Austria at age 18) and he runs a great little company. The product is beautiful and the service is great.
So, they attend a bunch of rallies and races (Moto GP next week) and bring tons of exhausts. The BMW MOA rally ended yesterday only 400 miles from my house so I zipped over to see my friends and hang out. Of course, I couldn't resist putting a set of Revolution cans on my 2005. Not really any lighter, and not really loud - but a little throaty. I didn't drill the baffle out yet but I will try it (you can put the baffle back in with a screw hidden from view to hold it in place - it all comes with the pipes.

At these events that MaxMoto attends, they offer a 10% discount, install the pipes for free, and ship your old pipes home to you - instant gratification. So, I have asked the organizers of WFO if I can bring some Remus pipes for sale to forum members. I said I would provide the free installation labor and Remus said they will ship the pipes to/from, and offer the 10% discount (and no sales tax).

If this doesn't work out, maybe I can put together something for folks that are interested. First, after unpacking and going to work tomorrow, I'll take some photos and try make a recording of the pipes sans baffles.

Thanks,

Jed
I'd be intrested, but I'm on the east coast and won't be attending WFO

Do I smell it...............

A GROUP BUY?

I am meeting up with MSFJED tonite to check out his Remus Revolution cans in person. I will let you all know what I think and will try and snap a cell phone pic and post it.

LATER,

WW

A GROUP BUY?

I am meeting up with MSFJED tonite to check out his Remus Revolution cans in person. I will let you all know what I think and will try and snap a cell phone pic and post it.

LATER,

WW
you need to post pictures now!!!

A GROUP BUY?

LATER,

WW

pic? thoughts?

khrome

I'm interested too, but yet one more not attending WFO.

Have 2 questions:

- Can you order the cans WITHOUT the riveted logos?? I want a clean look on my FJR.

- Do you need any fueling changes if you leave the baffles in place? How louder are those pipes with the baffles in? Max federal allowance is 88dBs right? Bet the FJR ones are a lot quieter.

Thanks man.

JC

Two good questions.

With the baffles in, the pipes are pretty sedate. Just a little throatier. WickedWebby came over the other night to check them out and I had no concern starting the bike at 10:30 pm so he could listen. I'm a good neighbor and we live in the city.

A former FJR owner was over last night, with his ST3, and he loved the pipes but hated the logo. On the Titanium cans the logo is riveted, on the alu I think it is embossed. I'll talk to MaxMoto today and find out about removing the logo - if they haven't left for MotoGP.

Sorry to hear WFO is not in the cards for you. Since it seems people are getting excited, Remus is going to ship some of their PowerCone pipes as well - more choices for folks.

Jed