Remus Exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two good questions.
With the baffles in, the pipes are pretty sedate. Just a little throatier. WickedWebby came over the other night to check them out and I had no concern starting the bike at 10:30 pm so he could listen. I'm a good neighbor and we live in the city.

A former FJR owner was over last night, with his ST3, and he loved the pipes but hated the logo. On the Titanium cans the logo is riveted, on the alu I think it is embossed. I'll talk to MaxMoto today and find out about removing the logo - if they haven't left for MotoGP.

Sorry to hear WFO is not in the cards for you. Since it seems people are getting excited, Remus is going to ship some of their PowerCone pipes as well - more choices for folks.

Jed
just put the logo on the inside....I'm pretty sure on the fjr the right and left cans are the same.

I'll look when I get a chance but I don't think the right and left are the same. The hanger bracket is mounted to the inside of the exhaust can and angles out to meet the footpeg bracket.

jed

I'll look when I get a chance but I don't think the right and left are the same. The hanger bracket is mounted to the inside of the exhaust can and angles out to meet the footpeg bracket.
jed
Ahhhhh, oh my VFR the mounting bracket wasn't part of the Can itself, just a bracket that went around the can. It was easy to just take that bracket off and turn it around.

Hey I've been to Egypt and it is a nice place - Cairo is a little busy but what do you expect, it's a big city.

The logos are embossed on the old versions but all new cans will have the riveted logos. They are removable but obviously you'll still have the rivets.

I might go to CFO in South Dakota this fall - maybe that will work for you?

Jed

Jaycen,

Good thinking about the logo on the inside.

Sorry all, I have been swamped and not been able to post up pics of MsfJed's Titanium Remus Revolution cans.

The pics did not turn out very well but here they are:

Remus2.jpg

Remus.jpg

Jed it was great meeting with ya and I think a lot of folks will like the cans.

Do you think the cans can be mounted with the logos in?

They did sound nice!!! I would like to hear how they sound with the quiet baffle out.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt mind seeing these either. I have been lookin at slip ons for a while but i cant decide. I really like the blue flames...but i havent heard any in person.

I have read a lot of positive reviews recently about those Beowulf cans but cant really find anyone who has had them before. They dont cost a fortune either. Id be interested in seein these remus cans too though.

-drew

I wouldnt mind seeing these either. I have been lookin at slip ons for a while but i cant decide. I really like the blue flames...but i havent heard any in person.
I have read a lot of positive reviews recently about those Beowulf cans but cant really find anyone who has had them before. They dont cost a fortune either. Id be interested in seein these remus cans too though.

-drew
Funny you say that about the blue flames Drew. These are the biggest hold up for me from ordering the Remus. I really like the look of the dual outlet tips on the blue flames. Not to mention that the cool little blue flame on an aluminus or titanium can would look good on my G blue 05!!

Hi everybody- and wow am I glad I got these pipes.

If for no other reason than to help others to decide if they like them or not.

Regarding mounting, no you can't mount the cans on the opposite side and hide the logos. Some Remus cans use a strap that circles the pipe but FJR's have a bracket that mounts to pre-drilled holes on the can - and these holes are located on the inside and the bracket has an asymetrical bend to it. Actually, maybe you could mount them on the other side but you would need to fabricate a new bracket for each side and it would be very visible.

I can't speak for Knut from MaxMoto, the distributor of Remus. But, the interest demonstrated here has motivated him to send even more stuff to WFO, including some of their PowerCone versions.

He has told me that group buys are a real pain and that on-line vendors don't really fit the level of service that he wants to be associated with Remus - meaning they just sell the pipe at a discount, send him an invoice and wholesale money, and then Remus ships the pipe. On-line is fine for commodity items (although my recent Avon Storm experience begs to differ) but this is night and day different from the Remus experience I witnessed at BMWMOA. Customers could check out all the models, experienced techs were there to mount them up - while you waited, and your old pipes got shipped home. It was quite a scene as folks sat in lawnchairs watching the techs work or just chewing the fat.

I hope to deliver something along these lines at WFO - please somebody brings lawnchairs, I don't want to strap them on the back for the ride from MN.

Anyway, after WFO I will speak with Knut and see what can be set up for the folks not able to attend.

Jed

Hi Jed,

We spoke about those PowerCones... Have you found out if Remus is going to have an application for the FJR? I gotta admit that I too would like a smaller logo or none at all. I am guessing that the PowerCones have a smaller logo.?.? Jed when you get out to Utah, could you take a bunch of pics of the different Remus applications and post um? THANKS!!!

Hey Jaycen,

I was told that the Blueflame logo is now smaller and glued on and can be removed. I am torn between the Blueflames and Remus. I have seen that youtube video and sound byte of the Blueflames on the FJR and they look and soud nice

..and have the noise reducing baffles too. Here are some others:https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=blueflame+pics

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jed,
We spoke about those PowerCones... Have you found out if Remus is going to have an application for the FJR? I gotta admit that I too would like a smaller logo or none at all. I am guessing that the PowerCones have a smaller logo.?.? Jed when you get out to Utah, could you take a bunch of pics of the different Remus applications and post um? THANKS!!!

Hey Jaycen,

I was told that the Blueflame logo is now smaller and glued on and can be removed. I am torn between the Blueflames and Remus. I have seen that youtube video and sound byte of the Blueflames on the FJR and they look and soud nice

Watching Jdogs video, I relaly like the look and sound of the blue flame. I'm kinda glad I'm broke right now and can't afford either!!

OK EVERYONE,

I think I just found the REMUS cans that blow the Blueflames out of the water...

THE REMUS HEXACONES!!!

RemusHexacone.jpg

Remushex2edit.jpg

RemusHexacone3.jpg

remushexedit1.jpg

RemusHexacone2.jpg

What do you all think of them??

JED where and when do we find um?

WW

(P.S. My compliments to the other forum members who took got these pics at WFO.)