MPH

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry

Reaction score
How accurate do you find your speedo? I felt like mine was way off at 80mph indicated but ck'd against several cars and found to be about the same

Last edited by a moderator:
How accurate do you find your speedo? I felt like mine was way off at 80mph indicated but ck'd against several cars and found to be about the same
My 05 speedo is about 3mph fast at 80mph vs my GPS (77 indicated by GPS).

mine was off about 5 mph at 80 on the way back from SFO. not as much as i had thought it to be.

The one on my 06 was 5.2% optimistic - it does vary a bit with what I believe is temperature for some reason. Apparently many (all?) of the second generation machines are this way.

I have a speedo healer on my ride and it is now accurate enough for me (within a percent).

According to my GPS my 06 reads about 5 MPH too fast from around 60-80 and the error increases after 80 to 10MPH too fast at speeds over 100.

I concur with that,my speedo is off 3-4 miles faster according to my gps.

But that could be off cause it also said my max speed last time i was riding was 162 mph and I know that was incorrect.

I concur with that,my speedo is off 3-4 miles faster according to my gps.

But that could be off cause it also said my max speed last time i was riding was 162 mph and I know that was incorrect.
+2 mph vs my GPS @ 80 mph.

I just checked that today. From 30 up to 100 on the GPS, the speedo was 2-3 MPH optimistic. Mine isn't a percentage off, it is off 2-3 MPH high all the time.

According to the Wyandot County Sheriff my '05 is dead on accurate, I got tagged 71 in a 55. Then a week later 65 in a 55.

They did let me off on the second infraction. I am now currently being very good.

Dwrider