Which slipon to choose?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRgeezer

Reaction score
Need help finding video/audio files comparing to mufflers for my 06. Did hear the Holeshot (ok), want distinict, deep sound, but not too loud. Staintune looks interesting, with removable baffle, recommendations?

Thanks all.

Need help finding video/audio files comparing to mufflers for my 06. Did hear the Holeshot (ok), want distinict, deep sound, but not too loud. Staintune looks interesting, with removable baffle, recommendations?
Thanks all.

Have Devil's sound is fantastic ! ;)

DSC03047.jpg

And Holeshots (I like them) and Leo Vince's (Bluestreek really likes his), others like the BlueFlames.

Don't rely on soundbites. Keep travelling around the FJR circles and pick the ones you like...in person.

I like the stock ones and wish more did. Loud pipes make noise.
And they don't add much if any power. However I would not be adverse to a quietish deeper note on the bike so long as it does not intrude noisily while cruising.
I'm sure you will hear lot's of varying opinions on which Can sounds best on the FJR. I have the Holeshots and at highway speed they are not intrusive. When I twist the throttle hard they sound like a Ferrari. Personally, I like the sound better than stock because it helps me shift by engine note much easier. At idle, I would say they have a much more mellow sound.

I agree that adding the Cans alone will not increase horsepower that much (if any). But hearing that motor rev up makes it feel like I have increased the power.

Good luck on finding what works for you.

And they don't add much if any power. However I would not be adverse to a quietish deeper note on the bike so long as it does not intrude noisily while cruising.
I'm sure you will hear lot's of varying opinions on which Can sounds best on the FJR. I have the Holeshots and at highway speed they are not intrusive. When I twist the throttle hard they sound like a Ferrari. Personally, I like the sound better than stock because it helps me shift by engine note much easier. At idle, I would say they have a much more mellow sound.

I agree that adding the Cans alone will not increase horsepower that much (if any). But hearing that motor rev up makes it feel like I have increased the power.

Know what you mean. Got a Holeshot on my MZ Skorpion Tour and it is loud all the time! That plus the carb kit did add life to the yammi 660 single that drives the bike.

Got M4s on my MG V11 Cafe Sport and they sound great. Nice note deep and slightly muted but then how can you screw up the exhaust note of a GUZZI :) Had DDs on my Bonneville. Could not stand em, way too loud, took em off and put the silent standard cans back on.

Know what you mean. Got a Holeshot on my MZ Skorpion Tour and it is loud all the time! That plus the carb kit did add life to the yammi 660 single that drives the bike.

Got M4s on my MG V11 Cafe Sport and they sound great. Nice note deep and slightly muted but then how can you screw up the exhaust note of a GUZZI :) Had DDs on my Bonneville. Could not stand em, way too loud, took em off and put the silent standard cans back on.
BTW Heard the Leo Vinces sound good on the FJR. Only hearsay never heard them.

The triangular blueflames would look good on the blue bikes.

I am very pleased with my Leo Vince pipes, I went with the Titanium. The look great and I am pleased with the sound as well. They have removeable baffle if you wanted them quiet/louder.

22786.gif

I have the holeshots on mine, really like the way they sound, have heard other people say it sounds like a jet turbine when the bike is warming up

Holeshots alone are a fine addition. +2HP, and reasonable sound. They only make noise when you bang the throttle. I believe they produce a 100db sound.

I have the Holeshot full exhaust as well. The complete system rocks and no more heat from my '05. Overall it is noisy, but that is the tradeoff you make.

dgfella

Last edited by a moderator:
dgfella,

Heat reduction is the main reason I'm considering the Holeshot header/full system. What, if any, other heat reduction mods have been done to your '05?

thanks,

extrememarine

Holeshots alone are a fine addition. +2HP, and reasonable sound. They only make noise when you bang the throttle. I believe they produce a 100db sound.
I have the Holeshot full exhaust as well. The complete system rocks and no more heat from my '05. Overall it is noisy, but that is the tradeoff you make.

dgfella

Pierre,

Did you order those Devil cans direct from the UK or is there a distributor on this side of the pond.

extrememarine, I've done ALL the heat mods. Cromeit's left and right fix, tank underside heat shield, PCIII, TBS, etc... They successfully achieved moving the heat down low to my feet, as opposed to roasting my nads. The full system eliminated all remaining heat. The summer, though not unusually hot, was fine, even on 90+ days.

I had the Holeshot street core can on my Bandit and LOVED the sound. However, the stock sound of the FJR is very pleasing, especially compared to the stock Bandit.

If I ever replace the stockers on the FJR, it'll be with a Holeshot system. Dale Walker is about the best there is when it comes to customer service too.