Riding Boots - Custom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockabill

Reaction score
I have tried Oxtar Matrix and Sidi Monsoon and several other off the shelf waterproof riding boots, but I have not been able to find any that will fit. :angry2: I have very wide feet and very large calfs, and have a hard time finding something that will fit. I saw on the Bates leathers site that they have custom made boots, but they are not waterproof and they don't have the protection that these other boots offer. I sent an e-mail to Oxtar about the availability of custom sizing, but have not heard back. Does anyone know of, or have any experience with a company that has the ability to custom size a good waterproof motorcycle boot?

Howzabout just getting a pair of these to fit over boots that fit?
I have looked into several different types of waterproof overboots, and that is definitely an option, but I still have not been able to find a boot that will fit with all the protection I would like. Waterproof would be a big bonus of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding with a pair of these fo four years and 25K miles with no problems and no leaks through seams or leather. I would advise getting a half size larger because over multiple wet/dry cycles they shrank (like any leather) just a tad. They have a style specifically for wide feet and big calves. I'm a 13EEE shoe with calves the size of some thighs.......check it out. Reasonable prices too. If not sure and have questions, call them -- they had great service. They will rebuild them later with new soles if needed for a price too. SIDI just came out with a EE line if that would work for some..........

Cruiserworks

Wow, when I'm looking for boots, I'll be looking these Cruiserworks boots up. I love the Daytonas... but gosh, I cannot imagine spending that much money on a pair of boots. I've got a problem w/ finding boots that'll fit my calves. I'm a big woman... but not a HUGE woman. I thought for sure that mens boots would fit. Not so.

You could always try these over your Timberlands.

You're sure to be waterproof.
slap.gif

Rockabill, what size are you after?

I'm an 11.5/12EEE with fair sized calfs. Is your prob more the width of the shoe or the calf? Depending on the brand, if a wide size is not avail I can typically go up a size or two and add a new thicker insole and all is well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....GAERNE.....I have the Aqua Tech, fully waterproof not too hot in the summer and very comfy! bit pricey but you get that with quality.

slap.gif
That wa fucking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has mentioned these yet. They are comfortable, come in various widths and don't hurt the feet. Granted, they are not as sexy as pure motorcycle boots...but for the money I'll buy another set when mine wear out.

--G

Wow, when I'm looking for boots, I'll be looking these Cruiserworks boots up. I love the Daytonas... but gosh, I cannot imagine spending that much money on a pair of boots. I've got a problem w/ finding boots that'll fit my calves. I'm a big woman... but not a HUGE woman. I thought for sure that mens boots would fit. Not so.

IMHO, No matter the brand, good quality and comfort for years are worth money, no matter the gear we are talking about. If the gear fits and wears well, you are more likely to wear it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....GAERNE.....I have the Aqua Tech, fully waterproof not too hot in the summer and very comfy! bit pricey but you get that with quality.

slap.gif
That wa fucking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Thug. That means a lot coming from you. ;)

Of course it was ONLY meant to be funny. I have a friend that has the same problem with the big calves. Sucker looks like Popeye!

I have tried Oxtar Matrix and Sidi Monsoon and several other off the shelf waterproof riding boots, but I have not been able to find any that will fit. :angry2: I have very wide feet and very large calfs, and have a hard time finding something that will fit. I saw on the Bates leathers site that they have custom made boots, but they are not waterproof and they don't have the protection that these other boots offer. I sent an e-mail to Oxtar about the availability of custom sizing, but have not heard back. Does anyone know of, or have any experience with a company that has the ability to custom size a good waterproof motorcycle boot?
Check these out. I've had them for about 4 years - lots of adjustability, never got my feet wet. A little warm for the dog days of summer, but an all-around good boot. Great protection.

These (Wesco Boots)folks do custom work. Lot of motor operators (LEOs) get theirs made here. I have a pair I've been wearing a little over 5 years now. I ordered the full liner, so it's two layers thick and EXTREMELY duarable, but very comfortable.