Riding Boots - Custom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.helimot.com/catalog/boots/index.shtml
Check out Frey- Daytona boots, ...wide sizes, ,,, adjustable calves,,, waterproof too !! Only one US importer though, but they are an extremely well made German boot. I have three pairs of boots and these one's are worn 95% of the time. ;)

*Cack!* :eek:mg: Holy Spendy, Batman!
Figures that the one pair of ladies boots that also give a little height in the sole are SUPER expensive! Still searching, if anyone knows of any ladies riding boots that give protection, ventilation and height like these: Helimot Lady Star GTX boots

Please let me know.

Figures that the one pair of ladies boots that also give a little height in the sole are SUPER expensive! Still searching, if anyone knows of any ladies riding boots that give protection, ventilation and height like these: Helimot Lady Star GTX boots Please let me know.
Click. They are Harley branded, but...

Click.

Oxtars.
Thanks TWN! I saw the Oxtars and they seem to have a enough sole to give a little height. I just wish they'd give the measurement of the sole thickness, front and back. I hate purchasing stuff without knowing all the details... yes, I know, I'm anal retentive. So? :D

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd add this to the older thread to keep the info in one place; an option to folks with large/special needs for their feet. I contacted Z1 leathers in California at the suggestion of an ex-racer I met recently. Here is the response to my inquiry:

"Hello Michael....Yes we make thr sport touring boots up to a size 16. We custom size the calf and can also give you a 3 E width. The material we use for toe and heal protection is like is used in Cowboy Boots. It is very firm. With

respects to your bunion, we have adapttors that are added to the Last to give you the needed room to relieve the

pressure there.Our leather is comforms and breaks in fairly quick, so there is no long term break in period. As far as ankle protection , we used closed cell shock absorbing mater there . If this sounds like what you maybe looking for

then let us know. We have been making these boots since 1979 .

RGDS...THE Z STAFF"

A link to Z1 custom leathers:

Z1 custom leathers

It looks like they have top-shelf gloves and leathers too.

Here is custom boot maker I have used for both hunting and daily use.

https://www.russellmoccasin.com/

The boots and my experiences with them have both been first rate! Their back log is typically a couple of months for the customs. They are not cheap. But my feet differ by almost a full size, so customs are better for me.

I used their available stock items to select the models and to get the sizing close. Then they made the customs from the my foot and leg tracing and my feed back on the trial boots. I have not used their "motorcycle" boots. Sidi with the pull string lacing & with street level protection coupled with different arch supports are my riding boots.

Good luck and ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator: