GALFER Brake Systems GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Galfer Brake System Group Buy - February 11-25, 2008[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]All makes, all non-ABS models, all years, regardless of manufacturer![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]
https://www.FJRTech.com/Galfer_08GB.cfm[/SIZE]
It's been two years since the last major Brake System Group Buy.

This Group Buy will be an all-Galfer affair. Wave Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake and Clutch Lines, and HH Brake Pads. Every component on this Group Buy, I have been running on my Deer-Strike bike for over 40,000 miles now. It is the Good Shit!

UNDERSTANDING This New Group Buy Methodology:

The last time we had a Brake System Group Buy with these enormously steep discounts, the vendor caught a blast of shit from other on-line vendors, and the distributor caught a blast of shit as well from their dealership network. This proved costly in many ways... the vendor has not been able to do a Group Buy with us since that time.

So we are going to go about things differently this time. A new method will be used.... in this end, this is more of a Self-Buy thingy. Sorta.

• These prices are so low, they [SIZE=14pt]CAN NOT[/SIZE] be made public. [SIZE=14pt]NEITHER[/SIZE] will I disclose the vendor until the Group Buy Signup period is over on Feb 25th.

• To obtain a copy of the price sheet and access to the actual GB sign-up form, enter your name and email address in a form residing on a web page (above link). Your unique, personal Group Buy Signup code and a link to the formal GB sign-up page will be emailed to the address you provide. Use any spam-collector email address you want, but you need to have access to it (obviously) to get your code.

• Surf to the Group Buy Signup link provided in the confirmation email you will receive. There you will log on by entering your unique Group Buy Signup code and then see the AWESOME Group Buy prices that come up on the resulting page. If the prices are attractive to you, use the form on that price list page to provide your bike info, the city and state the items will be shipped to, and of course, indicate the Galfer goodies you desire. That's it. The system will then email you a final confirmation message listing the hardware you selected.

• At the end of the two week sign-up period (Feb 25th), the system will send you the vendor contact info, whereupon you contact the vendor and make the transaction like any other transaction. DO NOTE the prices can't be honored without providing the Group Buy Confirmation number!

All of these safeguards may sound a little elaborate, but they are there to protect both the buyer and the vendor from abuse, whether that abuse comes from other forum members, other online dealers, or online distributors.

Here's a sampling of what you can get:

kit.jpg

wholepackage.jpg

doublebanjo65.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew! My AMEX is not shivering this time! :lol:

You peeps with the stock set-up had better jump on this buy. One of the best upgrades I've done is the lines. Can't speak to the rotors, but many positive comments are out there on the petal discs. And don't forget to account for your risers! They add a bit of length over stockers.

Props, yo. ;)

Since this Group Buy is actually open to all manufacturers, I'm going to go ahead and move it to the "Parts and Accessories" forum so guest can see it....

Hmmm, just in time for Y.E.S. expiration (August) and recommended (4 years) replacement of brake lines....

Don't these have a lifetime warranty? And wouldn't they be comparable to OEM, pricewise, to a set that needs to be replaced in another four years anyway?

I know lots of old bikes still getting by on the original lines, but I don't ride them.

:yahoo:

Found your note in another thread that there will not be ABS lines. :(

--------------------

Looks great... except maybe this statement.

<All makes, all non-ABS models, all years, regardless of manufacturer!>

Just to clarify, will the GB include systems for ABS FJRs?

Looks great... except maybe this statement.
<All makes, all non-ABS models, all years, regardless of manufacturer!>

Just to clarify, will the GB include systems for ABS FJRs?
Specifically, there are no ABS Brake Line Kits on this group buy.

However, ABS guys can still get everything else... Wave Rotors, Stainless Steel Clutch Lines, HH Pads, etc.

He put up the HH brake pad prices.... use your GB code and log back into that same page to see them....

Done and signed up. At those prices I was tempted to replace my spieglers up front and the clutch line too!

Thanks Dale!

:jester:

Done and signed up. At those prices I was tempted to replace my spieglers up front and the clutch line too!
Thanks Dale!

:jester:
Yep.... told ya these were insanely low!! B)

I'm betting I'll never get them this low again.... note how we have never seen the Spiegler prices as low as we had them in the 2006 Group Buy? Samey-same here, I'm willing to bet.

Galfer raised their 2008 retail prices significantly. These prices here on this GB were even cut-throat at last year's pricing schema. :D

Now 126, after all they're a safety item. I can't miss this GB.

I'm going to be selling a bunch of unused accessories in the classified section to pay for this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.