GALFER Brake Systems GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd post some pics of the Galfer rotors on an 07'.I've had mine on for about 4000 miles, I got mine from Bikeffects.
Did you put the SS brake lines together yourself, or did you find them somewhere as a kit?

The kit for the Gen II, from what I understand, is still under development and may be why it is not not yet offered for this GB. There were many additional hurdles to cover for the kit for the Gen II from the Gen I kit. The Gen II system consists of 13 line assemblies and is rather difficult to install. Additionally there is an issue of securing the line assembly where it enters the frame area.

The line assembly on my bike is a prototype kit that was used as a production baseline, I have not kept up with Galfer regarding the final development of this kit. Suffice to say with 13 line assemblies it would be very expensive and the returns would be probably extended.

I can say the Galfer rotors are premium quality that you can not go wrong with, and the looks are "dead sexy". https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1794808064/tt0118655

OK, the first 50 signups should have received an email with Group Buy Ordering instructions by now.

You are free to begin ordering their line kits/rotors/etc.

If you signed up for the GB in the first few days of this GB and haven't received GB ordering instructions by now, let me know....

Warchild,

I see that notices went out to start logging onto the vendor website and placing orders with the special code. I just wanted to let you know that their website doesn't list the FJR1300 as a choice in the pulldown for the Galfer Rotors. I believe that the correct Galfer number is DF498 for an '04-07 ABS front rotor and DF459 for the rear.

I also see a prominent warning on their website that says:

"VERY IMPORTANT: GALFER WAVE ROTORS ARE ONLY TO BE USED WITH GALFER BRAKE PADS, ALL OTHER BRAKE PAD COMPOUNDS VOID WARRANTY."

It seems to contradict some of the information presented here at the forum. I was planning on using the Carbon Lorraine pads from the previous GB. Do you know the warranty situation? I can't find anything on Galfer's website.

Sorry to add to your GB burden. Thanks for doing this for all of us.

dgfella

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the FJR listed for the HH front brake pads either. Am I missing something here?

If you don't see it listed on the store items, use the misc item link given in the instructions. Paste the item you want from your group buy info and paste the published price from the group buy info...add to your cart and you are set to checkout. If you have any questions...which I did...do an email to the vendor. I did and got a response back in minutes. I'm all checked out and done...just waiting for my stuff in the mail now. :yahoo:

Thanks WC! :clapping: :yahoo:

Warchild,
I see that notices went out to start logging onto the vendor website and placing orders with the special code. I just wanted to let you know that their website doesn't list the FJR1300 as a choice in the pulldown for the Galfer Rotors. I believe that the correct Galfer number is DF498 for an '04-07 ABS front rotor and DF459 for the rear.

I also see a prominent warning on their website that says:

"VERY IMPORTANT: GALFER WAVE ROTORS ARE ONLY TO BE USED WITH GALFER BRAKE PADS, ALL OTHER BRAKE PAD COMPOUNDS VOID WARRANTY."

It seems to contradict some of the information presented here at the forum. I was planning on using the Carbon Lorraine pads from the previous GB. Do you know the warranty situation? I can't find anything on Galfer's website.

Sorry to add to your GB burden. Thanks for doing this for all of us.

dgfella
I have used all kinds of pads on my Galfer rotors with no ill effects. That said, the Galfer HH pads do work impressively well with the Galfer rotors, I'll give them that.

The 2003 FJR1300 has a 298mm front rotor; the Galfer Wave p/n for that year is: DF474 FLW

But I would let the vendor worry about scoring the correct part number for you; you just provide them with the correct make/model/year of the bike, and let them be responsible for the correct part.

If you don't see it listed on the store items, use the misc item link given in the instructions. Paste the item you want from your group buy info and paste the published price from the group buy info...add to your cart and you are set to checkout. If you have any questions...which I did...do an email to the vendor. I did and got a response back in minutes. I'm all checked out and done...just waiting for my stuff in the mail now. :yahoo:
Problem free here also, an I'm computer and technology retarded :dribble:

So.. theres hope fer all of ya.

Thanks Dale!!!!

:jester:

OK, order complete. Thanks. I did see the additional link in the note but I was surprised that the FJR wasn't listed in the catalog. Doesn't everybody have an FJR?

Thanks wheattie for the response and thanks to Warchild for setting this up . No more group buys please, I need to spend the rest of my budget on fuel. :rolleyes:

There is approximately 12 HOURS left on this Group Buy! It gets shut down approximately 7pm PST tonight, 25 Feb 2008!!

[SIZE=14pt]GET IN NOW, OR LOSE OUT ON THESE PRICES![/SIZE]

Galfer Group Buy - Orders to date:

• 100 -SS Front Brake Kits
  • 78 - SS Rear Brake Kits
  • 70 - SS Clutch Line Kits
  • 57 - Front Wave Rotors
  • 45 - Rear Wave Rotors
  • 79 - HH pads sets

Last edited by a moderator:
All signed up and paid!

I got the TOTAL package.

My wallet is alot lighter now! Thanks Dale! :clapping:

All emails have been sent out. If you have not received yours, you may have made a typo when you submitted your email address. PM me and I'll check the database.

[SIZE=14pt]FINAL TALLY: Total of 173 Group Buy Players [/SIZE]

Galfer Group Buy - Final Orders:

• 111 -SS Front Brake Kits
  • 87 - SS Rear Brake Kits
  • 76 - SS Clutch Line Kits
  • 60 - Front Wave Rotors
  • 49 - Rear Wave Rotors
  • 85 - HH pads sets

Is there a problem with my stock brakes???? :unsure: They seem to stop the bike all right. Great in fact. Yesterday I took my Harley Sportster out for a ride around town, and you gotta apply the Fred Flintstone brakes to make that thing stop. Talk about mush. But my FJR...that f**ker stops with two fingers. Jb

Is there a problem with my stock brakes???? :unsure: They seem to stop the bike all right. Great in fact. Yesterday I took my Harley Sportster out for a ride around town, and you gotta apply the Fred Flintstone brakes to make that thing stop. Talk about mush. But my FJR...that f**ker stops with two fingers. Jb
ummmm...this was a thread about people interested in the GB...not for people that weren't interested in the GB. Too late to get in the the GB anyway...

I did see the additional link in the note but I was surprised that the FJR wasn't listed in the catalog. Doesn't everybody have an FJR?

The web page has them listed like this in the drop down menu: "FD178/068 - R6 (all) R1 (thru 06), FZ1, FJR1300"

I did see the additional link in the note but I was surprised that the FJR wasn't listed in the catalog. Doesn't everybody have an FJR?

The web page has them listed like this in the drop down menu: "FD178/068 - R6 (all) R1 (thru 06), FZ1, FJR1300"
They must have updated that page since I looked at it. My stuff is in the little brown truck and scheduled to arrive on Monday. :yahoo:

I'm all in. Thanks Warchild and all for putting this together. I asked the vendor about the complete SS line kit from Galfer (part # FK003D605C) for an '06 ABS and awaiting their reply.

Going all the way!

I'm all in. Thanks Warchild and all for putting this together. I asked the vendor about the complete SS line kit from Galfer (part # FK003D605C) for an '06 ABS and awaiting their reply.
Going all the way!
Did you get in before the deadline? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.