Bill Mayer Saddle Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
NEW POST AND INFORMATION IN GROUP BUY SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings all,

I just got off the phone with Rocky from Bill Mayer Saddles. We discussed the possibility of doing a group buy over a two week period. I need to get back to Rocky with how many will comitted to purchase. We are targeting somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 or so. At this point I don't know what the discount will be as this is a first for BMS as well as myself. I know not knowing how much of a discount makes it hard to commit, but if you are seriously interested, please let me know.

https://billmayersaddles.com/pricing.html

Thanks,

Gregory

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all,I need to get back to Rocky with how many will comitted to purchase. Gregory
I’m interested and appreciate your effort. I sure like the looks of Hit the Road Jack’s BMS (shown in another thread). :yes:

I know not knowing how much of a discount makes it hard to commit,
Right, I would need to know how much the discount is going to be before being able to make a commitment.

I'd be happy to help with anything as I live 'next door' to Rocky. Heck, I've even been thinking of upgrading to his Evolution seat. Oh, shit! My Visa just ran screaming out the door! :gah!:

I missed out on the Russell group buy, and am still kicking myself in my sore, stock seat ass :glare:

Definately interested if the turn around is fairly quick(riding season finally made it to Ohio)

John

Anyone have some pics or actual experience with these saddles ?
I'm very happy with mine so far. It is good in that I no longer notice the seat after riding for an hour. Used to feel like my butt was about to burst into flames after an hour on the stock seat.

Evo_FJR.jpg

I took my wife with me and had a ride-in appointment with BMS. Got the basic dual vinyl basketweave covering. Paid $503 (incl tax). Have the first Evolution saddle built for an FJR.

They also offer leather covering, solo seat mods and several heated seat options.

Along with my V-Stream and PC-III, one of the best improvements to my '06 FJR! Ready for the long haul now.

Maybe a bit of advice for you in setting this up. Ask the B.M.S. guys what kind of discount they would be willing to provide at a sliding XX number of units.

i.e. XX = 25, 50, 75, 100 etc.

They can pick their own thresholds and discounts. By proposing their own discounts and levels in advance they will get either more or less participation. In the Russell GB (which I glommed into at the end) there were a lot of folks that jumped in from outside our little FLR world. Cross forum posting can do that when there is a good deal to be had.

Anyway, hopefully that will help advance your GB even though I have no interest in it personally at this time. GL

Sounds like a plan to me. Wifey's boney tail could use a comfy seat, the corbins rear saddle is too tight for her legs, the stock seat gives more room but makes her booty hurt after a while. Looks like this is the best of both worlds.

Maybe a bit of advice for you in setting this up. Ask the B.M.S. guys what kind of discount they would be willing to provide at a sliding XX number of units.
i.e. XX = 25, 50, 75, 100 etc.

They can pick their own thresholds and discounts. By proposing their own discounts and levels in advance they will get either more or less participation. In the Russell GB (which I glommed into at the end) there were a lot of folks that jumped in from outside our little FLR world. Cross forum posting can do that when there is a good deal to be had.

Anyway, hopefully that will help advance your GB even though I have no interest in it personally at this time. GL
Fred is right. I set up the group buy this year and I was working on 5 forums and the sales for Russell were incredible. I really like the look of this new seat and will be following this thread to see how it goes! Good luck and nice work setting it up.

Well, Since i was in a financial bind at the time the Russell GB went off, I am NOT going to miss out on this one! Good ol' AMEX is feeling the love already! :eek:

Fred W,

Thanks for the advice, I will call Rocky to see if I can get some more info. Hit the road Jack and Kaitsdad, thanks for the photos. TWN, thanks for the endorsement.

Greg.

97557740_vvN9b-L.jpg

Well worth the money and time. My BM saddle now has about 16K on it - and makes life good.

What tank bra is that?

O and yes I am interested in the seat's ..

Will this deal also be for drivein's...

Heat options?

Thanks, Cary

Status
Not open for further replies.