Where is the Switched power

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ609Eagle

Reaction score
I've searched as much as I could, but I cannot find any link to where the best place for switched power is.

I currently have my Zumo connected through an SAE 2-pin connector directly to the battery. I was planning on using this 2-pin and the battery tender plug also like i did on my old volusia.

But I'm planning on buying a fuse block, probably BlueSea , in the near future. Where can I hook up to switched power from under the seat?

No grip warmers yet, so that plug will be used come october.

I've searched as much as I could, but I cannot find any link to where the best place for switched power is
:blink:

I typed in +switched +power and got 12 pages of hits, some of which look like this.

Then I typed in "switched power" and got 6 pages of hits, some of which look like this.

?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no "good" factory switched power. You run a relay from the battery, and have the relay tripped by the parking lights (or tail lights, or headlights) to create your own switched power.

I tapped the rear marker lights. Blue wire in the loom under the passenger seat (on my '06)

There is LOTS of info, and even photo walkthroughs posted here, and at other sites.

Good luck.

Griff