FODS 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fJROB

Reaction score
Attention FJR owners who also ride Dualsports, a date and a location has been set for the 2009 FODS gathering. It will be August 28-30 2009 at the River Rest Resort, in Beautiful Washington……..the Town not the State!

The little town of Washington is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains a half-hour drive from Nevada City, it is perched on the banks of the Yuba River's south fork. Nestled in a canyon between 5,000 foot high mountain ridges.

The River Rest Resort campground will be our base camp, my family will be in space #14. This is a popular place so make your reservations early! (530) 265-4306

For those of you who don’t want to camp, there is a hotel about a block away from the campgrounds. The Washington Hotel, the rooms start at $65.00 a night. (530) 265-4364

Or if you just want to ride with us and not camp/stay, we welcome you just the same

Edit: We will also welcome FJR Riders who ride FJR's if you just want to hang out with us, swim, drink, etc etc.

I will be mapping out some rides soon, I am getting a guided tour of the local trails this Sunday. I will post details later.

RRsign1.jpg

campsites.jpg

river.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Attention FJR owners who also ride Dualsports, a date and a location has been set for the 2009 FODS gathering. It will be August 28-30 2009 at the River Rest Resort, in Beautiful Washington……..the Town not the State!
The little town of Washington is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains a half-hour drive from Nevada City, it is perched on the banks of the Yuba River's south fork. Nestled in a canyon between 5,000 foot high mountain ridges.
Very seductive pitch and a tempting ideer!

If I am still around at the end of the month and have any loot left after riding to WFO, I'll see.

OH man!!!

This is one of my most favoriteriest spots and a frequent destination while on the moto-bikes.

GREAT location, fantastic access to some great dirt roads. Amazing how few people know of this spot. Allegheny is a good destination/ride for those looking for even more remote little towns. I'm not tough enough to do FODS, but I hope to stop by for a brief loitering spell as I've done the last few years. BTW: Me way in debt to UberKul so I'll be bringing some beers.

PS: Please don't tell everyone what a kewl spot Washington is ....I want to keep it my little secret :)

Ohhhh yeah!!! Good job, Rob!!! On the calendar.

Looks like I've gotta spend some time on my KLR this summer to have it in shape for this, but this is gonna be fun!!

Ohhhh yeah!!! Good job, Rob!!! On the calendar.
Looks like I've gotta spend some time on my KLR this summer to have it in shape for this, but this is gonna be fun!!
Good on ya Rob. I'll be there fo sho if I can get a push from Uberkul.

Hey Rich if ya can't get it strated maybe Brad can push you too.

After all he does have two legs. :unsure:

I sure hope to be there. Dunno what I'll be riding though. I show up to FJR rides on a KLR, might be riding an FJR to this if I can bring myself to sell the KLR. Hate to, but it's just not getting any attention since the new kid hit the corral. Wouldn't mind getting rid of the payment either, gotta admit. Anyway, the ride to Washington looks like a good one, and sitting around a campfire with you dudes and dudettes makes a pretty good summer evening, whatever else is happening. And I'm thinking some local "paved" riding would fill up the days pretty well, too.

Booked sp#15(?) and a little bump for those that are getting distracted with CFO and WFO. I hope Rob doesn't keep me up all night with the moto-blender. :dribble:

And Rich, I will have all the good creek crossings scouted by then so bring your snorkel. ;)

Where’s the buzz, the hype, the countdown?!

Maybe I’m just super-jazzed since I get to sleep in our new (to us) toy-hauler. Or maybe I’m just a social leper and the only time I get to visit with people is when I ride motorcycles with them.

[SIZE=18pt]Either way, it’s time to get your dirty on![/SIZE]

509224750_pTjcU-XL.jpg

Tempting. Very tempting. Perhaps if I can get Friday off work. Is 500.5 miles each way REALLY far on a dual sport? Easy on the FJR but then when I get there, I want the other bike.

We'll probably stop by on the FJR, which should be back from Zac today or tomorrow with the tick fixed, new CCT, etc.
Why don't you get the KLR running and stop by on that.
Too busy with my parents' health issues -- like moving my Mom from one place to another while she's unable even to come to the first to supervise or advise what she wants, what gets thrown away, etc. I'm considering myself lucky just to get a day off.

One day, the KLR will run again.

BUMP!

At the lunch stop in Quincy yesterday FJRob asked if someone would bring their FJR and lead a ride for those who are riding their street bikes. I will bring mine as I'm not heading up until Saturday morning (due to a planned outing on Friday).

YES, for those who haven't read the entire notice, this gathering is open to those who don't own a dual-sport or who don't want to ride the trails. There are plenty of great roads in the area for a terrific street ride.

Still suffereing from the afterglow of yesterday's NorCal group ride, I encourage you to at least come for the day. :yahoo:

Okay, fellow wankers, I'm gonna try this.

Reservation made at the Washington Hotel

("You'll be in the Wyatt Earp room...bathroom is just down the hall..."),

and I'll get the Feej fitted with some Distanzias the weekend before.

(And Jill, we'd understand if you couldn't make it. It's a long way,

and you're, ....you know, ......... just a girl. Hopefully Andy will still be joining us. :D )

(And Jill, we'd understand if you couldn't make it. It's a long way,and you're, ....you know, ......... just a girl. Hopefully Andy will still be joining us. :D )
Ouch! That stings! I did look into riding 500.5 miles to the campsite on a dual sport, going out for a ride, then riding 500.5 miles home but my CBA membership agreement prevents me doing this - especially with a 12hr shift on Friday and another on Monday.

Andy does not have a weekend pass since there is a lot needs to be done at home.

We will be at SW-FOG though. Also, we're spending a long weekend on and around the dirt roads of Independence (near Bishop) two weeks after FODS3. Anyone who wants to come hang out, drop me a PM.

(And Jill, we'd understand if you couldn't make it. It's a long way,and you're, ....you know, ......... just a girl. Hopefully Andy will still be joining us. :D )
Ouch! That stings! I did look into riding 500.5 miles to the campsite on a dual sport, going out for a ride, then riding 500.5 miles home but my CBA membership agreement prevents me doing this - especially with a 12hr shift on Friday and another on Monday.
Ppphhhhhttttt! That's a "normal" schedule for me. What are you, a girl?!?!? :rolleyes:

Andy does not have a weekend pass since there is a lot needs to be done at home.
Yeah, well that figures (IIRC), if she can't come out and play then......... :blink:

We will be at SW-FOG though. Also, we're spending a long weekend on and around the dirt roads of Independence (near Bishop) two weeks after FODS3. Anyone who wants to come hang out, drop me a PM.
Well....if you aren't going to come North and play, then...... ;)

Seriously, one of these days we'll all be getting together. Watching you two maneuver your machines as explained in your ride reports would be worth the price of admission! :lol: