• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Second Look Tank Skin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
7/24UPDATE: We have made the 15+ orders, so we can start ordering TODAY. Tina also has made it easier for us by setting up the web page for ordering.

Here is her email and instructions for ordering.

Hi Dave

I have talked with the web guy and he as set up a coupon code that can be used to get the 15% discount on the website. The code is FJRGROUP. Orders can be placed starting today and will be good until Sept 1. This code works for all FRJ tank skins.

Thanks

Tina

Second Look

www.second-look.com

800-566-5753

I want to thank everyone who has and will participate in this Group Buy. I hope you enjoy your new Tank Skins.

Dave

For those you that showed interest in a Group Buy of Second Look Skins... Here is your chance to get them as much as 15% OFF. :)

Details of how the Group Buy will work:

If we get 1 to 5 total orders you'll receive 5% OFF.

If we get 10-14 total orders you'll receive 10% OFF.

Once we hit the MAGIC number of 15 orders we'll all receive 15% OFF.

It doesn't matter if you order a 1/2 tank skin or a full tank skin, with or without FJR embroidery. ALL Tank Skin orders will go towards our goal of 15. The SOONER we hit the 15 orders will we'll be able to start placing orders, other wise we'll need to wait until August 21st to order.

I will be contacting Tina at Second Look every 3-5 days to give her a list of all confirmed orders to me. This will allow her to make sure they have what we need in stock when we hit the 15 orders or more.

PLEASE send me a PM of what you will be ordering. Include the year of your FJR and exact color you wish to order. I will try to daily add to the list here showing you who will be ordering (this of course will give us a running total of confirmed orders).

NOTE: Tina said once we hit the 15 orders (lets hope this happens first) or the dead line she will set up a DAY to call her and place your orders with her directly. She can not give the discount with web orders. They don't usually answer their phones, so this will be the best way for her to MAKE sure and answer calls and she said she would work with us on making sure to be available on a given date to answer all calls. The other way would be to place orders Via email. I personally think calling and placing an order is better.

The following is a link to their website if you care to look at what they have there.

https://second-look.com/store/FJR1300_2003_2007.html

Here is a break down Tina gave me. You might find this easier.

2003-2005 model years are only available in 1/2 Tank Skins. 2006-2009 model years will have the option of 1/2 and Full Tank Skins.

Color options:

2003 - Silver, Black and Carbon Black

2004 - Black and Carbon Black

2005 - Blue, Black and Carbon Black

2006 - Black and Carbon Black

2007 - Black, Cherry Black and Carbon Black

2008 - 2009 - Black and Carbon Black

If you want to see a link that shows some pictures of what they'll look like you can click on the link below.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=119835

I hope all those that want a Second Look tank Skin will benefit from the Group Buy. I have nothing more then wanting to help out other forum members on this deal. I was happy with their product and like how it fits and looks on my FJR. Even though they don't answer their phones they do make a point to call you back in a timely matter.

Thanks,

Dave

Order list As of 9:26 PM PST 7/23

Duster19 (yes, she said my order will count) :) So we are off and running.

opt8low - 05 in Black

khunajawdge - 05 in Carbon Black

bmwhd - 06 in Carbon Black 1/2 skin

Allnight - 08 in Carbon Black 1/2 skin

Pat C - 07 in Carbon Black 1/2 skin

Ironman - 05 in Black

phobostx - 08 in Carbon Black 1/2 skin

Newbium -07 in Black 1/2 skin

BigSky - 03 in Black

greeneb - 09 in Carbon Black 1/2 skin

FlyingJ - 03 in Black

entmanmd - 08 in Didn't state color and not sure if 1/2 or full

SnowAviation - 09 Carbon Black

rablanch - 07 Black Cherry

Last edited by a moderator:
For those you that showed interest in a Group Buy of Second Look Skins... Here is your chance to get them as much as 15% OFF. :)
Details of how the Group Buy will work:

If we get 1 to 5 total orders you'll receive 5% OFF.

If we get 10-14 total orders you'll receive 10% OFF.

Once we hit the MAGIC number of 15 orders we'll all receive 15% OFF.

It doesn't matter if you order a 1/2 tank skin or a full tank skin, with or without FJR embroidery. ALL Tank Skin orders will go towards our goal of 15. The SOONER we hit the 15 orders will we'll be able to start placing orders, other wise we'll need to wait until August 21st to order.

I will be contacting Tina at Second Look every 3-5 days to give her a list of all confirmed orders to me. This will allow her to make sure they have what we need in stock when we hit the 15 orders or more.

PLEASE send me a PM of what you will be ordering. Include the year of your FJR and exact color you wish to order. I will try to daily add to the list here showing you who will be ordering (this of course will give us a running total of confirmed orders).

NOTE: Tina said once we hit the 15 orders (lets hope this happens first) or the dead line she will set up a DAY to call her and place your orders with her directly. She can not give the discount with web orders. They don't usually answer their phones, so this will be the best way for her to MAKE sure and answer calls and she said she would work with us on making sure to be available on a given date to answer all calls. The other way would be to place orders Via email. I personally think calling and placing an order is better.

The following is a link to their website if you care to look at what they have there.

https://second-look.com/store/FJR1300_2003_2007.html

Here is a break down Tina gave me. You might find this easier.

2003-2005 model years are only available in 1/2 Tank Skins. 2006-2009 model years will have the option of 1/2 and Full Tank Skins.

Color options:

2003 - Silver, Black and Carbon Black

2004 - Black and Carbon Black

2005 - Blue, Black and Carbon Black

2006 - Black and Carbon Black

2007 - Black, Cherry Black and Carbon Black

2008 - 2009 - Black and Carbon Black

If you want to see a link that shows some pictures of what they'll look like you can click on the link below.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=119835

I hope all those that want a Second Look tank Skin will benefit from the Group Buy. I have nothing more then wanting to help out other forum members on this deal. I was happy with their product and like how it fits and looks on my FJR. Even though they don't answer their phones they do make a point to call you back in a timely matter.

Thanks,

Dave

Order list

Duster19 (yes, she said my order will count) :) So we are off and running.

opt8low - 05 in Black

khunajawdge - 05 in Carbon Black

bmwhd - 06 in Carbon Black 1/2 skin
I'm in

The web site does not have a lot of pictures. Can you get them to post a pic of the Black Cherry skin.
They do not have a picture to post. Tina said they have sold several and if it wasn't a very good match they would not sell them. If anyone has one I'd appreciate you posting a picture and comment on how close a match the 05 blue and 07 black cherry really are.

Thanks,

Dave

If I didn't already have one on my '05, I'd be in on this group buy asap. The color match on the '05 Galaxy Blue is very good - I get a lot of compliments on it. The build quality is first rate, they're easy to put on and take off, and they just work. (My skin does not interfere with my Rapid Transit magnetic tank bag.)

someone offer to demo their product for free on your bike and then provide them images for their website. fair trade
A good idea. I think I'll see if following this group buy, if we can get one picture of each model year with one of their Tank Skins to send to Tina. Like Johnny80 said, they really need to work on their web page.

Dave

PS. Who's going to be the guinea pig on the Black Cherry 07 skin? :)

Tina send me the following email today.

Hi Dave

I looks like you are on your way to 15 - Tuesday would work for me as the call in day - and of course we would give the discount to anyone who orders up until the cut off date.

Also I have attached pic of the full tank skin for the 06-09 we do not have them posted on the web yet.

Thanks

Tina

Second Look

www.second-look.com

800-566-5753

06FJR_tank1_full.jpg

06FJR_tank2_full.jpg

If we get to the 15 orders over the weekend, please wait until Tuesday to contact Tina with your order.

Thanks,

Dave

Oh good, we have until Sept. 1. Now I can get me one! Thanks Duster for doing this for us!