• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Second Look Tank Skin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 TANK SKIN YAMAHA (FULL) - 2006-2009 FJR 1300 TSY0613F $119.95 $119.95

Black Carbon - TSY0613F($119.95)

Coupon Applied FJR 1300 GROUP BUY (Coupon)

Done. :)

UPDATE: I got this email yesterday from Tina.

Hi Dave

We shipped out 8 orders last week and will be shipping out 10 orders on Monday - we have 1 order still pending.

Thanks

Tina

Second Look

www.second-look.com

800-566-5753

Installed mine last night. Getting the silver "tank band" back on after putting the skin under it was a little bit of a challenge.

Ended up taking the band back off to reseat it several times, as the first few times caused buckling in the skin, up above the band. (You have to almost stretch the plastic of the tank band to get it far enough around the sides for the screws to bite.) But, it looks great!

Pics are still on the camera, but I expect to be posting them very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skin installed successfully. Minor issue with a very tight Corbin Seat and unable to secure front push-pin on left tank cover. Will look for longer pin.

Well, got the skin the beginning of last week. Unfortunately I have been down all week with a bad upper respiratory infection. Today was my first good day, so guess what I did? Here is the black cherry skin:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

BTW, I also installed new PR2's

DSCF0002.jpg

Called today to ask about my order and they said they would e-mail me the tracking number. Received the e-mail and it stated that my order would be shipped out today. Somebody dropped the ball, I believe if hadn't called I would've never received anything.

Called today to ask about my order and they said they would e-mail me the tracking number. Received the e-mail and it stated that my order would be shipped out today. Somebody dropped the ball, I believe if hadn't called I would've never received anything.
Sorry to hear about this. I'm not sure if they are understaffed or if perhaps it just bad business practice. Like I said in my original group buy post, they need work on website and returning calls.

Dave

PS. Everyone try and post a picture if you can of your tank skin.

Sorry to hear about this. I'm not sure if they are understaffed or if perhaps it just bad business practice. Like I said in my original group buy post, they need work on website and returning calls.

Dave

PS. Everyone try and post a picture if you can of your tank skin.

Got my Gen II half-skin in Carbon. I'm very pleased with how well it matches my Sargent seat!

I've sent it over to my supplier for the hats to have the FJR logo embroidered into the top center piece. As soon as I get it back and installed, I'll post pics.

Once I have pics, I'll add them to my FJR logo gear site (see Vendor forum) and offer to embroider your skin too. Cost should be around $15 plus shipping for the logo.

Duster19, thanks for setting this up and my bad experience is in no way your fault. I learned that I'm not getting mine until next week supposedly. SECOND LOOK SUCKS! AND THEY WONT RETURN MY EMAILS!

I feel better now.

Got mine, got the logo on, and got it installed. Love it! I especially like how it is a perfect match for my Sargent seat!

Second_Skin_Logo_1_Sm.JPG

Second_Skin_Logo_2_Sm.JPG

Got mine, got the logo on, and got it installed. Love it! I especially like how it is a perfect match for my Sargent seat!

Second_Skin_Logo_1_Sm.JPG

Second_Skin_Logo_2_Sm.JPG
Looks great Todd. You need to update your bike now to an FJR and not other....

Thanks for setting this up. Here is a pic of my bike with the half cover on it. Finally got my all my farkles so far installed which includes heated grips, grip puppies, G2 throttle tube, throttlemeister, Heli triple clamp and frame sliders. :yahoo:

IMG_1769.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: