New addition to the stable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeksnake

Not dead, just smell that way
Reaction score
So after months of arguments, talks, test rides, rentals, hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing, penny-pinching and tears, my bride and I paid a visit to the Arlen Ness Las Vegas showroom last Friday night where we picked up a new 2009 Victory Vision Premium Tour.

left_front_vv.jpg

left_rear_vv.jpg

My wife wanted day-long comfort and I wanted her to be happy. We looked at every conceivable touring bike out there. I loved the Gold Wing but she wouldn't have any of it. She LOVES the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide and I was okay with that until I saw the price tag for some chrome & paint. :blink:

On the brink of finding a divorce lawyer, we decided to look at the Victory CrossCountry. At the dealership, we walked past the Visions and I gotta tell ya, the pictures don't do it justice. It's a massive bike but absolutely gorgeous! The best part was, wifey fell instantly in love with it. We set up a test ride for the next day and the rest is history.

Oh, the icing on the cake? Since this is "our" bike and my sweetie has no intentions of ever getting back on the FJR... I can complete the conversion to a single seat, rally-monster FJR! :D

left_front_vv.jpg

My wife wanted day-long comfort and I wanted her to be happy.

<snippage>

At the dealership, we walked past the Visions and I gotta tell ya, the pictures don't do it justice. It's a massive bike but absolutely gorgeous! The best part was, wifey fell instantly in love with it. We set up a test ride for the next day and the rest is history.

Oh, the icing on the cake? Since this is "our" bike and my sweetie has no intentions of ever getting back on the FJR... I can complete the conversion to a single seat, rally-monster FJR! :D
Obviously...Life is GOOD!

:clapping: Congratulations on your many levels of joy. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
You picked a good one! Female partner that is. ;)

I test rode a Vision a couple years back. I hope you are happy with it. I personally like the funky look. How is the fit and finish these days? I wasn't too impressed a couple years back. But I wish you nothing but the best with both woman and scoot....

Forget all the above happy-happy, Merry Christmas, silly-assed mo-fos..........

My condolences dude. That think looks like it will make a great boat anchor, but that's about it.

At least you get to keep your real bike.

Oh, and hugs and kisses!

:****:

Gotta say, she's a bute'.

You have to like that Spaceshippy thing it has going on. I like looking at them at the dealership.

Congrats on being happy and x 2 for making wife happy too...

Nothing wrong with having multiple outlets for joy!

Nice......

I sat on one at the show on Saturday and boy was that comfy. Still gonna get a wing though.

R

My best friend just traded in his BMW for the exact same bike you just bought. He took all the silver parts off and had them painted black. It looks frigging sweet. If I get a chance to get a pic, I will post it. You are right...The pictures don't do them justice.

*insert Southpark artificial V-twin(kie) noise here*

RAAWRRRR blub blub blub blub

Congrats, dude. Maybe next year you'll actually make it to Gerlach.

My buddy works for Polaris, so have ridden a Vision on the last two annual upper Midwest rides. This year's was better than the previous, which was the first model year for 'em, but they are definitely an acquired taste, (that I won't be acquiring). Comfortable at speed, but definitely a tank. Make sure you don't drag your feet when starting out. If a shoe catches, that fixed passenger foot rest might break your leg.

Nice buy, Chris !

Andy Mills rode one to a 14th place finish in the 09 IBR, and a 15th in the 07. Seems to be a capable bike.

lots of machine chris. glad you and wife are pleased. Good idea to keep the the fjr for rallies. It certainly looks non-retro. Have you done the pickup if dropped test yet?? Merry

christmas and Happy New Year. sorry u had to abort brunos. stay in touch

Congrats, dude. Maybe next year you'll actually make it to Gerlach.
Oh man, that's COLD! (but true)...

Nice work Chris. I know you and Abbey really thought this out (execpt for the ribbing part) and made a good choice. Before you can get away to play with your FJR buddies you have to be able to keep mama happy, so if she likes it you're golden. Why don't you plan a ride up our way after things thaw and dry out (usually happens about July 5th).

Nice looking ride Mr. Snake. I echo the words "at least you kept your real bike." Enjoy the new toy, just glad it's not a Harley so you wouldn't be gay.

b

lots of machine chris. glad you and wife are pleased. Good idea to keep the the fjr for rallies. It certainly looks non-retro. Have you done the pickup if dropped test yet?? Merry christmas and Happy New Year. sorry u had to abort brunos. stay in touch
The Vision won't actually go all the way over onto its side. I saw a "demo" where the guy stepped off, left the stand up, and the bike stopped on the floorboard.

Now, in a crash, I reckon you could really tip it over, but just sitting on flat pavement it's supposed to be OK.