New addition to the stable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eeksnake,

Congrats on the New Bike... it looks nice. At least you still have a marriage and a lady who wants to ride with you.

Can't beat that!

Congrats!!!

Nice......I sat on one at the show on Saturday and boy was that comfy. Still gonna get a wing though.

R
Richard also sat on a V at one of our Tech days at Johnny80s. He almost opened his wallet, but....
Picture0054-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I got very lucky with my choice in brides.

Much love Skoot & Warchild. I feel ya! :D

Beerme... Thanks for the reminder... Dick! ;)

Have you done the pickup if dropped test yet??
Departing from my normal tradition of dropping only new bikes, I haven't tested out this feature... Yet.

Now, in a crash, I reckon you could really tip it over, but just sitting on flat pavement it's supposed to be OK.
Actually, here's a video from a guy's helmet cam when he low-sided in some gravel after what appears to be a tank-slapper on a Vision (you only need to watch the first 50 seconds or so). Looks like some good protection for the bike even in a low-side. (No comment about the rider, lack of protective gear or cause of low-side.)

So far, wifey & I are loving the ride. Will probably go with a ride in to Russell Seats in a few months.

Actually, here's a video from a guy's helmet cam when he low-sided in some gravel after what appears to be a tank-slapper on a Vision (you only need to watch the first 50 seconds or so). Looks like some good protection for the bike even in a low-side. (No comment about the rider, lack of protective gear or cause of low-side.)
Don't show the wife that video. That was not fun to watch. I wonder if he had his hands on the grips.

eeksnake,

Congrats on your New Victory Vision!!

I, too, just got my New Victory. Arrived at the dealer on Thurs and they will have all of my

factory farkles installed (Factory Heated Grips, Ipod Connector Cord, Front Fender Chrome,

Rear Fender Chrome.. Ect.. Ect) and have her ready to go on Monday.

Here are actual pics of mine getting setup at the dealer:

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

Victory OEM Heater Handgrips.

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

Can't wait to park it in my garage (we just got 8 inches of snow).

WW

Congrats Chris on your new ride!

Before buying the FJR I owned a 2003 Victory Classic Cruiser. It was a great bike, it had no problems and plenty of power. My only complaint was that it was always dragging parts around the corners.

I too test rode the Vision. It rode great and boy it was nice to have a radio that you didn't have to stick in your ears.

I have to say I really like their new Bagger they came out with this year, the one that Wicked just purchased above. Hey Wicked give us a ride report report when that snow melts.

Chris,

I sure will. Hope to get some good rides in.. Before April :(

May have to strap her down onto a trailer and drive South... till I get to some good snow free roads (and at least above freezing)...

WW

(No comment about the rider, lack of protective gear or cause of low-side.)
Well, allow me, then! ;)

Actually, no need to comment about the lack of appropriate riding gear.... the guy was lucky to get out of this with just a cut under his eye.

That was far from an actual "tank-slapper".... look at his hands when he loses it right around the 37-sec point.... you can't keep your hand on the grips in a true tank-slapper; this is just a high-speed weave he could not control, no doubt induced by inappropriate braking on the *ruts* he encountered right at that point (on a curve he had entered at waaaay too high a speed). Back it up to about 32 seconds and closely study the road surface immediately in front of his front tire as the crash unfolds, and you'll see the ruts. Look at his brake hand at 35 seconds, and you'll see him grab a fistful of brake as he rolls over the uneven road surfaces (36 secs). He immediately goes into a high-speed weave right at 37 seconds, and the gravel is still flying a good 5-6 seconds late. Bummer for him.

Note at 33 seconds how this dude passed a 35mph Warning sign while traveling at about twice that speed. That's his biggest single contributing factor to this crash... entering a curve way too hot given the performance limitations of his machine under those conditions.

The best thing about the post is that you are keeping your FJR to modify how you want to...and that you have a ride that wifey likes to ride on.

Regarding the retro 1930s look...I don't mind that look so much as the straight on front look of Bozo the clown. I'm glad you and your wife are happy with it...that's the main thing, but the looks are :blink: :huh: :eek: :(

:)

Have fun on it and take pictures of your 2-up trips for the ride report section. :clapping:

Well, allow me, then! ;)
Concur..., all of what he said.

I've ridden that road and it's a classic example of a paved road that probably wasn't 'engineered' -- poor surface, weird approaches to curves, limited sight distance -- the whole enchilada.

But, the fact remains that there was a lot of stupidity going on too. The lack of protective gear (gloves without fingers -- what's up with that...?) is an indicator of other poor decision making (imo).

Watching the video, I thought: "WTF, why'd he ride off the road...?" Grip the bars and 'Ride the Bike' -- just another foolish newbie with more money than skills (imo).

I can't tell where the cappucino machine is mounted. I assume it may be in the trunk or pannier, right? :dntknw:

doctorj

Well, allow me, then! ;)
Concur..., all of what he said.
Another woof+2, including what cmfauna added. Interesting how the helmet cam puts you right there as if you were riding the bike, but it had me feeling VERY uneasy -- unable to get to the controls while his inputs clearly required adjusting. I was uncomfortable long before he executed that get-off. Good job, you two, in describing the road we were seeing -- one that a more experienced rider would have navigated with a greater margin for error and a much better line.

Back to the Victory Vision. If I were to buy a V-twin cruise/tour bike (i.e., NOT a Duc, Aprillia, etc.), it would be a Victory. Great bikes at a reasonable price that Harley couldn't compete with even for the same or a lower price IMO. Really good that eek's Victory works 2 up to her preferences, too (esp. since you still have the FJR for your own purposes). But . . .

To each his own about styling. To ME (and nothing more), I just don't get the Vision's styling at all. I'm much more partial to WW's Victory model. Even then, while being better than the Vision fairing, WW's fairing styling/design/aesthetic doesn't float MY boat (the rest of it is great). Funny, but to me, from the front, the Vision's fairing looks like Bozo the clown, and WW's looks like a modern art cat face (at least in that picture). Sorry to be gay** about aesthetics, but I'm sure you're both gonna love the motor, the ride, the function and feel of those two bikes.

Conga Rats to you both on the new rides!

:yahoo: :clapping:

** meaning that as a compliment to those of a different sexual orientation possessing stereotypical skills I lack :blink:

EDIT as an afterthought: I wonder why Eric Buell isn't exploring a relationship with Victory (if he isn't). I don't know nothing, but it occurs to me that in the right market, together they might produce some interesting moto products.

Congrats on the new ride, Chris!

Just don't start wearing a Fag costume! :yahoo:

PS regarding the video clip: Man, I'm amazed at how quickly he went from 'Hauling Ass' to zero!

That bike brakes pretty well when you havta 'lay 'er down'!

Hey Eekee, you riding that monster to Dean's Guadalupe party?
Real good possibility DCarver. I may even have my better half with me.

I understand the "Bozo look" comments and agree. I usually don't make mods solely for appearance sake but this time, we had the access panel (part directly under the wind screen) blacked out. Here's a picture of the Vision 8 Ball to get an idea of what a little bit of paint will do...

vv_8_ball.jpg

WW - Is that the Cross-Country? If so, that's the one we originally went in to see. It's a sweet ride! Before we even got a chance to see it, the wifey fell in love with the Vision.