My Park-n-Move dolly video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobOdenweller

Reaction score
Check out this video of me putting my bike on a Park-n-Move dolly and manuevering it up against the wall in my garage. I found that putting the FJR on to the dolly to be fairly easy. It takes a little more effort but if you have the right technique it is not a problem. The Park-n-Move is a great way for us to store a bike and two cars in our two car garage. This is the newer style Park-n-Move where all four wheels have a wheel lock. Getting the FJR off is very easy. I am able to sit on thebike and roll forward just like I normally do. For reference, I am 6'1" and weigh 200 lbs.

Park-n-Move video

Pretty slick. I'd guess one doesn't have to lock any wheels except if there is a slope, or even then maybe only one or two on the convenient side, so you could save yourself time by not locking all four.

I use a 4" X 4" block of 3/4" plywood under the front tire to put my bike on the dolly. Makes it ez to get it on the center stand. I also have the large bike dolly from Harbor frieght
95896.gif
.......................the Park n Move, although more expensive, is much better. It's smaller and easier to handle/manuever.

I use a 4" X 4" block of 3/4" plywood under the front tire to put my bike on the dolly. Makes it ez to get it on the center stand. I also have the large bike dolly from Harbor frieght
95896.gif
.......................the Park n Move, although more expensive, is much better. It's smaller and easier to handle/manuever.
I've only got the hf dolly. It's very convenient. I put a block under the sidestand so it is more upright. When I learned to move it around by pushing on the dolly with a foot, instead of pulling the handle bars and/or grab rail, it moves a whole lot easier. I'm satisfied with my <$100 purchase.

I saw one of these at the bike show in San Mateo in November--in fact, I mentioned it in a post (#47--includes link to manufacturer).. He had a bike there he was using for a demo, which I put up on the dolly and it went up like a breeze. MUCH easier than raising it up onto the center stand without the dolly. They call it a "Park-n-Move."

In your video, you have all four wheels locked when you are putting the bike onto the stand (for some reason--since your garage floor is flat). So you have to get your big heavy FJR not only up onto the center stand, but you also have to raise it the extra half or three-quarters of an inch of height that the dolly adds. The demo dolly was NOT locked, and when I raised the bike up onto the dolly, the dolly just scooted forward under the bike with the force from the center stand legs, making it MUCH easier to raise up with the dolly than it was without it (I did it both ways). I can't see any benefit to using the wheel locks much of ever, and certainly not all four. I'd assume they all are lockable so you can do one (if you want to) however the bike is parked.

I thought it was a great product for anybody with tight parking--$200 at the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool.

[SIZE=8pt]...get the bike lined up square and center so the cage can nail it to the back wall?[/SIZE]

I saw one of these at the bike show in San Mateo in November--in fact, I mentioned it in a post (#47--includes link to manufacturer).. He had a bike there he was using for a demo, which I put up on the dolly and it went up like a breeze. MUCH easier than raising it up onto the center stand without the dolly. They call it a "Park-n-Move."
In your video, you have all four wheels locked when you are putting the bike onto the stand (for some reason--since your garage floor is flat). So you have to get your big heavy FJR not only up onto the center stand, but you also have to raise it the extra half or three-quarters of an inch of height that the dolly adds. The demo dolly was NOT locked, and when I raised the bike up onto the dolly, the dolly just scooted forward under the bike with the force from the center stand legs, making it MUCH easier to raise up with the dolly than it was without it (I did it both ways). I can't see any benefit to using the wheel locks much of ever, and certainly not all four. I'd assume they all are lockable so you can do one (if you want to) however the bike is parked.

I thought it was a great product for anybody with tight parking--$200 at the show.

Keeping the wheels un-locked is the way to go for loading the bike. Like you said, the dolly moves under the bike as the center stand moves forward. To unload the bike however, it helps to lock at least 2 wheels so that the dolly won't move when you push the bike forward.

Also have the HF dolly (with the plywood for the stand...), it's relatively inexpensive and convenient.

FJRonDolly-1.jpg